Toolbox tweak

• People will want Mining Laser, Qblade, Thaumcraft wrench, RP2 Screwdriver ... Painters probably.
    The downside of big list is big number of clicks to get tool needed. Even if you would be able to store 100 tools you will not.

• Oh, darn, I didn't think of painters at all. Um. Since a toolbox would store its items "inside itself", you could have a toolbox of painters if I upped the maximum to 16. Then you could have another toolbox of RP2 paint brushes and another for your regular tools, that kind of thing. I only just realized the difficulty of reaching tools when there are a lot of them is a good argument to keep the maximum fairly low (but 16 is a nice, roundsquare number).

The recipe for the toolbox shouldn't be terribly complex, so having more than one sitting around isn't an issue. Telling them apart might be, but good tooltips could help there. Also, for that matter, color-coding.

Okay, I'm pretty sure now I want to write this, it sounds like fun. I'm currently engaged in getting LiquidUU to minimum spec, though, so it may be a while.

• Actually, the painter thing sounds like an idea for an extra "painting kit" item. Costs the equivalent of 16 painters (and some storage), and can be switched through the colours (leftclick?, since painting is rightclick). Has a storage for each color (I don't mean "item storage", more like 16 stored values of how much paint is left from each colour) and refills this automatically using dyes from the inventory... :) I would love one of those when painting a CF house :D

• Well, the (IC2) painters themselves already should refill automatically from inventory (I do seem to recall that being in a change log a few versions back), so just using the toolbox, you'd basically have that already.

• And why don't we try to make items in toolbox manageable only when it is placed?
    So, you place it, pick a tool you need, put those you don't need, pick your box up and continue mining?

• Well, the (IC2) painters themselves already should refill automatically from inventory (I do seem to recall that being in a change log a few versions back), so just using the toolbox, you'd basically have that already.

Wooot! This must be a 1.108 thing then... used the painter quite often lately. Thanks, I'll have a look...

EDIT: Derp. Autorefill "mode". :cursing: This should really be on the wiki page...

And why don't we try to make items in toolbox manageable only when it is placed?
    So, you place it, pick a tool you need, put those you don't need, pick your box up and continue mining?

You want chest, able to hold items while in item form?

• It was coded that way because I did NOT want to copy your casual "Item with own inventory for specific items"-concept. Though it's pretty much the only applyable concept nowadays, it seems :/

I'd love the toolbox storing tools like this. Maybe it could have a specific slot for each tool?

The idea of placing it isn't a bad one either...

• I use the toolbox too (had no backpacks installed) there are usually 6-8 tools in the box, and 3-5 in the inventory.
    When i need a wrench/screwdriver: i clear the hotbar, take the tools out, use the tool, and put all tools instantly back. It's better than a full inventory and not OP.

Only little changes: add items from the hotbar to the box with rightclick+shift. And incrase the toolboxspace from 8 to 16. so it can store more items.

use the old way to get at the tools out... it is a little toolbox. If you need the crowbar you must dump your stuff out. because the tools rest on the crowbar.

Hopefully the toolbox can be renamed with the anvil? so there are one for tools and another for painters ;)