[Addon 1.112] Petroleum Generator 1.2.1 - burn baby burn.. for EU!

• Not anymore See last post.

Hey, but you post if after me! You're cheating! ^^

I think that the new value of 25 EU/t is more than enough, especially given the extreme portability of this system - you can now run an upgraded IC2 miner off this thing really quite easily and likely with power to spare, making it better than a Geothermal for that particular application. Given that it is now cheaper if you want more power output the solution would be to have a second Petroleum Generator (as you would do with a Geothermal). It only takes up a single block so the space overhead is minimal.

Yep, that's an intersting Idea ... but I would have love using it to power my base in a very efficient way using Refined Oil + tanks ^^.
    As for using it to power a Miner, could I make a ... huge suggestion about Oil-and-Mining Industry ? Advanced Miner, Advanced IC² pumps, Advanced IC² multiblock structure Reffinery, "vanilla" IC² Fuel (contain in special sands/stone) etc ... ? I've already write it down during my french-philosophy classe ^^ (But, make no mistake, I like philosophy ... but not french ^^)

That post count 4 "^^" (5 now ^^ --> 6 --')

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• if it's not a beta then you have to change the tittle good work on this one

hah! good point - done ;)

Also, the awesome guys that work on the JohnSmith technicians remix texture pack have added support for Petroleum Generator to their pack.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1544827-32x-john-smith-technician’s-remix-125142-mod-support-for-js-over-24-mods-supported-ftb-tekkit-etc/

• It's not compatible with EE3.
    It works well with only this mod and it also works well with only EE3.

• It's not compatible with EE3.
    It works well with only this mod and it also works well with only EE3.

Cannot reproduce. Works just fine for me using PetroGen 1.1, EE3 pre1e, IC2 1.112, Forge 472, and tons of other mods. Tested both client- and server-side. You've got something else going wrong, man.

• Cannot reproduce. Works just fine for me using PetroGen 1.1, EE3 pre1e, IC2 1.112, Forge 472, and tons of other mods. Tested both client- and server-side. You've got something else going wrong, man.

I've tested both client and server with all other mods removed. PetroGen-1.1 with IC2-1.112 and EE3-pre1e cannot work together, indeed.

• ^ You seem to be deliberately misunderstanding. Here's a ForgeModLoader-server-0.log where EE3 pre1e and PetroGen 1.1 start perfectly together. Sorry about the TreeCapitator spam, it doesn't seem to want to listen to its own config.

Mods list:

If you want any help in figuring out what you're doing wrong, post your own FML server or client log. Cutting it down to just an exception and stack trace does not say enough (except for: EE3 did something stupid).

• This is the server log file of FML and the client log file is the same.
    I really don't know whether the problem is caused by this mod, but it is caused when I install this mod.
    I need some suggestions from you and thank you very much.

• Successfully reproduced! It's NetherOres. As soon as I add it, I get that exact crash. Nothing to do with PetroGen, although for some reason when it's not present, the crash doesn't happen. I'll build myself a custom EE3 and see exactly what's happening there.

Edit: I guessed right: input is somehow null when going into RecipeHelper.addSmeltingRecipe. I really want to know why it takes the presence of both NetherOres and PetroGen to cause it, but the solution is fairly simple and I can make it a pull request. I'll dig a bit further before I do, though.

Edit[2]: Uh, okay, correction: input is fine, input.getItem() is null. I can tell you that it's *trying* to be the NetherOres block ID, but why it would get nulled when PetroGen is present is beyond me. PetroGen doesn't even do anything with smelting, does it?

Edit[3]: That pull request I was talking about earlier.

• cant post a crash log, the smallest one i have is on 17000 letters, max is 10000 here are the first part of it, this error is comming after i install petro gen when i have ee3 installed, i have changed the ids many times, thats not the problem

EDIT: ok i read the comment before, and i have nether ores and ee3 installed so that can be the problem.

• Edit[2]: Uh, okay, correction: input is fine, input.getItem() is null. I can tell you that it's *trying* to be the NetherOres block ID, but why it would get nulled when PetroGen is present is beyond me. PetroGen doesn't even do anything with smelting, does it?

No it doesn't. The only registries it uses is to a) Add the crafting recipe, b) add the block c) get the fuel and oil IDs from the LiquidContainerRegistry (which will be removed in a later version as Buildcraft now statically declares the LiquidStacks). What I definitely don't do is mess with smelting recipies, so why there is an interplay with smelting functionality is perplexing.

I downloaded EE3 and tried the hotfix that Narc worked out and it seems to have worked for me. Here is hoping that Pahimar accepts the pull request. He should do seeing as his current code doesn't handle all edge cases.

I'm going to have a look through the block registry methods and see if there is something going on there, I know they've changed somewhat in the latest forge versions.

• Love the mod but I'm having issues on my server.

when testing the mod in offline I can give myself the item.
    in multiplayer I can give somone the item.
    but when I creaft the item it shows up in the crafting table, but when I try to take it, it just takes it back.

Pro tip
    Make sure you installed the mod on the server *sigh*
    Great mod! Its super useful and not as hardcore as gregtech diesel gen.

• Now updated to version 1.2!

Download now!

This update brings the following additions:

• Access the controls!
      Since a class-action suit against DrCeph industries by engineers with malformed hands, Petroleum Generator has been improved such that a newly placed generator will now have the faceplate facing towards the player that placed the block. No longer will your activity light be obscured by the wall of your secret lair.
    • Burn all the things!
      If using alongside TrainCraft, Petroleum Generator will enable an IC2-based processing chain to turn those fields of Oil Sands and Crude Oil ore pockets into sweet* Liquid Oil. Check the main post for details on the processing chain.
  • Burn all the things!
    If using alongside TrainCraft, Petroleum Generator will enable an IC2-based processing chain to turn those fields of Oil Sands and Crude Oil ore pockets into sweet* Liquid Oil. Check the main post for details on the processing chain.

That sounds like a request from Mindcrack users, or a personal thought after playing it ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!