[support] how do you install sound pack? (IC2 1.0)

• running IC2 v1.0 all machines work correctly, but i cannot get sounds to work.
    I've placed the contents of the soundpack zip in .minecraft/resources/mod/sounds, correctly installed audiomod (other custom sounds work fine), and have no blackscreens on loading.

none of the sound files are corrupted (all play in winamp)

but no custom sounds in game from IC2 machines.

• running IC2 v1.0 all machines work correctly, but i cannot get sounds to work.
    I've placed the contents of the soundpack zip in .minecraft/resources/mod/sounds, correctly installed audiomod (other custom sounds work fine), and have no blackscreens on loading.

none of the sound files are corrupted (all play in winamp)

but no custom sounds in game from IC2 machines.

Have you installed Risugumi's Audio Mod yet? (link to Risugumi's Mods )

• Official Post

You were meant to place the content of the "sound" folder of the download into your minecraft's sound-folder. Not the sound folder itself (if i didn't misread your "content of downloads").

• very strange, sounds were working with the fossil/archeology pack, but not IC2, Did a re-install of Audiomod, no other changes, now both working. no idea what happened, but try it if your having trouble with custom sounds.

perhaps the OGG file was corrupted, Fossil/Archeology uses wav files, IC2 uses OGG.

• yeah, just open the zip sound folder and copy the sound files directly into the resources/mod/sound directory.

I also found an update that reduces the volume of the sounds.

Thanks!

• already got it working, but thanks for the help. the reason seems to have been a buggy download of audiomod, and the OGG files not playing, the other custom sound mod i had (fossils/archeology) used WAV files, leading to the confusion about audiomod being installed correctly.

reinstalling audiomod from a fresh download sorted the problem.