HELP : How to make an IC2 Addon

• Ok so I had a little bit of knowledge of making mods for vanilla minecraft with ModLoader. Recently I had make a simple mod with Minecraft Forge. But then I had a few ideas for an addon for IC2. But I don't know how to get start. I have search almost everywhere for tutorial, but it look like the new version of IC2 and its API doesn't work. So I wonder if anyone could help me how to get start with making an IC2 addon? Like how to decompile IC2 and adding the API so I write the code. Thanks ! :)

P/S : I think IC2 Team should take a few second and write a few lines on how to get start modding/making an addon for IC2 because a lot of people like me would start a bunch of thread to ask about it.

• If you want to make an IC2 addon, you must first invent the universe.

Seriously though, start by decompiling IC2 with the instructions on GregoriusT 's user page, under If one wants to decompile IC², here it is:, I believe they are up to date.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• So I am the only one, who can make an Addon for this Mod? *Implies creation of another Universe*

Well it applies to making apple pies, so naturally I assumed that it applied to coding as well.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• When Greg says: "4. install IC2 into the
    minecraft.jar", does he mean to actually unzip the IC2 jar and put it in
    the minecraft.jar folder? This isn’t how you actually install the mod itself,
    so I’m a bit confused.