IC 2 copper being mined to drop BC pipe wire o-O

• so i noticed when playing my new map, (after letting forge deal with ID conflicts) that when i mined copper from IC2 i got buildcraft green pipe wire instead of ore. I deleted the configs hoping the problem would fix its self but to no avail. SO i went into the config and changed them my self (to somthing below 256 because i believe thats where world gen goes) and noticed the IC2 map config in my save game after switching it to 201 for copper, 202 for tin and 203 for Ura, the problem stopped.

my question is how did that happen? and if it happens again is there an easy way to fix it? and how can i prevent it from happening again?

and now after the fix the silver ingots from greg tech is making yellow pipe wire instead of a silver block when 9 are put into the crafting grid.

• The way to stop it from happening is to do your own configs and not trust an auto ID resolver.

Take a 100 block ID chunk for each mod, and manually edit them. Yes, it's a pain and it takes an hour or so, but once you get it done, you never have ID issues again.

Add a new mod? No searching for open IDs, just give it the next 100 ID chunk.

• i really just use it for liquid piping and engines but if i remove it then my builds will be messed oh well i guess ill manually ID change. is there a way to disable the forge ID resolver in the config?