"Industrial" clay

• The old "industrial" clay recipe from IC1, in IC2. I think it was one gravel, one sand, one dirt and one water bucket for one clay block. Of course, a water cell could also be used.

And before you do the "there's more clay in the world now" argument, please think about the fact that clay is still only available in rivers and oceans, from where it is quite annoying to extract. Alternatively, the recipe could be set to also require a block of clay, and then return two blocks?

EDIT: If you re-ad this, maybe also consider re-adding the wrench of almighty banhammoring +9001? IT WAS SO AWESOME! I know, i know, we have creative, but it could be usefull for insta-breaking blocks in survival, and being totally awesome.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

Edited once, last by wasmic ().

• "Alternatively, the recipe could be set to also require a block of clay, and then return two blocks"
    So in fairness, you really only need 1 clay block? i'd think you'd suggest coal dust or something else ;p

But I like the idea. no new blocks, no big impact. +1 :D

• "Alternatively, the recipe could be set to also require a block of clay, and then return two blocks"
    So in fairness, you really only need 1 clay block? i'd think you'd suggest coal dust or something else ;p

But I like the idea. no new blocks, no big impact. +1 :D

I mean, so that the recipe requires 1 sand, 1 dirt, 1 gravel, 1 clay and 1 water bucket/cell.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• point I tried to make is, you only need one clay block. the recipe returns two, you use one for the next. so its quite pointless to try "limit" the recipe like that

• From my Custom Recipes...

//Industry Clay
    shaped (none+326+none / 12+13+12 / none+12+none) > (82,1)
    shaped (none+WaterCell+none / 12+13+12 / none+12+none) > (82,1)
    shaped (none+WaterCapsule+none / 12+13+12 / none+12+none) > (82,1)
    shaped (none+WaterCan+none / 12+13+12 / none+12+none) > (82,1)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• point I tried to make is, you only need one clay block. the recipe returns two, you use one for the next. so its quite pointless to try "limit" the recipe like that

I know, but that idea was just so that you actually had to have some clay in the first place. Someone would probaply find it OP if you didn't need find clay first.

EDIT: MagusUnion, i couldn't find that in either the addons or pending addons forums. Hang on, I'll google it...

• I know, but that idea was just so that you actually had to have some clay in the first place. Someone would probaply find it OP if you didn't need find clay first.

EDIT: MagusUnion, i couldn't find that in either the addons or pending addons forums. Hang on, I'll google it...

Not to worry... I have stuff like that bookmarked, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I know, but that idea was just so that you actually had to have some clay in the first place. Someone would probaply find it OP if you didn't need find clay first.

As if clay is hard to find. Its only annoying to get.

• clay is hard to get in very large quantities. sure, you can get maybe a few stacks just from taking on a swamp biome (which can be a huge pain if there is none around you), but that's nowhere near enough for making large brick buildings for example. The "easier" way would be to use UU-matter, but UU-matter isn't a joke to get, and if you want your house in the world to be a large brick house, you"ll need to get near finishing the game for that.

This is all double-triple-quadrupled for FTB users, who have a much, much, much harder times coming across the correct biomes, and a ludicrously hard times getting UU-matter.

• clay is hard to get in very large quantities. sure, you can get maybe a few stacks just from taking on a swamp biome (which can be a huge pain if there is none around you), but that's nowhere near enough for making large brick buildings for example. The "easier" way would be to use UU-matter, but UU-matter isn't a joke to get, and if you want your house in the world to be a large brick house, you"ll need to get near finishing the game for that.

This is all double-triple-quadrupled for FTB users, who have a much, much, much harder times coming across the correct biomes, and a ludicrously hard times getting UU-matter.

Thanks for posting what i was trying to say.