Crafted RE battery changes to discharged RE battery on crafting table if there's valid receipe

• As per the title, when you craft an Re-Battery is has no charge. When you put said battery into a valid recipe in a crafting table it then changes to a empty charged battery.

While it isn't a huge problem it causes huge issues with auto crafting systems such as logistics pipes. The system crafts a no charge battery and due to the bug that no charge battery is not accepted in further recipes as it has no charge.

The problem was raised back in November, http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=61 And while there is a comment for a temp fix, it doesn't really work.

I was hoping it would have been fixed by now in the new version, is it going to be fixed? or is there an easy way for me to do it myself?

Thanks!

• While it's a bit of trouble that they gain a energy value, logistics pipes actually doesn't care too much about what it throws into a satellite chest.

By manually removing the charge version energy item and putting in one without a charge value, in the crafting pipe, it will work without a problem - Just remember to treat the batteries as unstackable and use a satellite pipe for them!

Same goes with energy crystals and lapotrons

• I've tried this. Manually changing the re-battery in the crafting pipe and logistics pipes works, your right it doesn't care. But the auto crafting table does. It wont accept the battery as the one in the crafting table has a charge indicator and the one I'm trying to force into it does not, so they cannot stack. And the entire auto crafting system just shuts down.

I'm not sure how satellite pipes help the situation, I've never really played around with them.

• Autocrafting tables have the ability to take items from adjacent chests

Set up a chest next to your Autocrafting table, and hook up a satellite pipe so it's touching the chest - Give that pipe an ID, and go back to your crafting pipe on the table, once there, click the arrow in the satellite section so it's matching the ID of the satellite pipe, touching the chest.

Then you manually put in the battery in the satellite area and voila, it should now work. When requesting an item, the satellite item will be put in the chest, and once the Autocrafting table spots that (Energy value or not), it will craft the item!

** Using a texture pack, but it should give you the basic idea, even though they might not look exactly the same as yours!

• I'm quite sure I did exactly that, but it still didn't work.

Did you remember to use an item without energy readin, in the satellite section ?

The item the logistics system supplies is without energy value!

• But that is the very problem I'm discussing. Logistics pipes works fine that isn't the problem.

The problem is when logistics pipes tries to force a re-battery with no energy value into an auto crafting table where the recipe in that auto crafting table has an re-battery with energy value (this bit cannot be fixed, a no value re-battery will always default to an energy value re-battery when placed into a crafting table). Hence the two items cannot stack in the auto crafting table and the entire auto crafting network breaks as the no energy value re-battery is rejected and ejected form the whole system.

This is an IC problem, re-battery' and the others need to be changed to solve this.

• when logistics pipes tries to force a re-battery with no energy value into an auto crafting table

Again, the recommended workaround is NOT to have Logistics Pipes insert the battery into an autocrafting table at all! ACTs will happily use items out of adjacent chests, and satellite pipes let you redirect the batteries into an adjacent chest, which is the workaround already mentioned.

• Again, the recommended workaround is NOT to have Logistics Pipes insert the battery into an autocrafting table at all! ACTs will happily use items out of adjacent chests, and satellite pipes let you redirect the batteries into an adjacent chest, which is the workaround already mentioned.

Or better yet, use Tubestuff Auto-crafting Table Mk. II which has an internal buffer, or Electric Crafting Tables from GregTech for the same experience but with more functions and energy cost!

• Again, the recommended workaround is NOT to have Logistics Pipes insert the battery into an autocrafting table at all! ACTs will happily use items out of adjacent chests, and satellite pipes let you redirect the batteries into an adjacent chest, which is the workaround already mentioned.

Hey, I never knew the work around was that good. Just wanted to say thanks to you and subzero. I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me but I get it now. Thanks for your help! I can now get onto making my epic world! :D