Blocks and items disappear when updating from IC2 1.103 to 1.112 (MC 1.2.5 to 1.4.6) on server

• I am attempting to update my Minecraft server from 1.2.5 to 1.4.6, but when I install the latests IC2, many of the IC2 items and blocks disappear or turn into different items and blocks. I think that has to do with the block IDs, but I am unsure as to how to fix this problem.

• try updateing to 1.3 first, then to 1.4. I dont know about some blocks, but i know that the nuke changes caused all of the old reactors to be removed if they were still in the world.

• The IDs should be fine as long as you didn't change the config files (and they still match the client) ..did you add any other mod that might occupy that space now? (maybe some new vanilla blocks took that place?)

• Make sure that ic2.cfg found in your client Minecraft folder\config matches ic2_map.cfg, found in the Server folder somewhere.

• I had the same problem. There is a program called mIDas wich you can use to change the IDs.
    It is easy to use, follow the instructions in the help.txt.
    The only catch is that you have to invest half an hour reading item IDs from the old config and the new one. Then write the old item IDs and the new ones like this:
    OLDID -> NEWID
    OLDID -> NEWID
    OLDID -> NEWID
    Run the program with the textfile and remember to delete the ic2_map.cfg before you start the server.
    All should be fixed!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…changer-v031-open-source/

• People are so lazy these days :P Just open up ic2.cfg and ic2_map.cfg, and make sure they match.
    (%appdata%\.minecraft\config\ic2.cfg and %appdata%\.minecraft\saves\yourmapnamehere\ic2_map.cfg)

• I don't think that's the problem....I'm running into the same issue on my 1.3.2 to 1.4.6 upgrade. Any IC2 block I placed down before has just totally vanished into the void. Just....gone. I'm assuming it has something to do with the old map files trying to read blockID's that no longer exist since the 1.4.6 version for IC2 went to radically different blockID's, but I don't know of any way to port over the new ID's to the map files so that it'll start the world with all the old placement blocks there. That I think is the issue. Thoughts?