LunchBox

• since recently the quantum helmet requires certain food items to do certain things (such as cans to replenish hunger) I thought it'd be nice to have something similar to the toolbox.
    I don't know about other players, but I often have quite a full inventory, and to now have extra items in the inventory for the quantum helmet the inventory gets even harder to keep clean.

so I thought an item like a lunchbox would be nice. if you have it in your hand and right click it, an inventory opens up with about 9 slots, in there you can put in items like food cans (I don't know what other items the quantum helmet uses for different effects since the wiki uses placeholder images) the quantum helmet will first take the items from the lunchbox, and when the lunchbox is empty it'll start using the items from the normal inventory. it wouldn't matter if you have the lunchbox in your hotbar or not, as long as it's in your inventory.

• Why not. In a more general way, this would permit carrying foods, but also maybe potions and ... wait. It would looks like Forestry Backpack, which are a bit OP :/. The point of the Toolbox, was it was made to store unstackable items. So why not a Nuclear Engineer Tool Box, which would store nuclear components ? (or we might consider tha nuclear components ARE tools, so it wouldn't need a different craft). Of course it can seems weird a toolbox for nuclear components but ... the fact is, crafting nuclear things is very annoying because of that.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I've suggested this before already but here it is :
    Why toolboxes (and lunchbox?) are not like other "bags" which stores items and can be opened with a single rightclick?
    It would be much easier to deal with them if they were like that. So we could easily store all our agriculture/mining/building tools and maybe armor inside it.
    Lunchbox would be similar to toolbox but only accepts food items and health/regen potions.

• I've suggested this before already but here it is :
    Why toolboxes (and lunchbox?) are not like other "bags" which stores items and can be opened with a single rightclick?
    It would be much easier to deal with them if they were like that. So we could easily store all our agriculture/mining/building tools and maybe armor inside it.
    Lunchbox would be similar to toolbox but only accepts food items and health/regen potions.

The problem is that that would look too much like Forestry bags, which are OP.

Maybe something like a bag, but only allowing certain items inside would be best.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Forestry Bags ^^. I guess you meaned less items than forestry bags, with at max 4 types.

No, i really meant certain types of items. Like, only food in a lunch box, only tools in a tool box.

Once there was a suggestion for quantum backpacks. That could fill the gap that IC2 has in carrying big loads without access to piping.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.