Ok, so I am a complete noob in terms of modding MC or Java coding. I spent the entirety of last night trying to figure this out and am completely lost and confused.
All I want to do is add some recipes to the machines in GregTech using items from GregTech, IC2, and Metallurgy 2. I'm not adding anything new, no new items or anything, just new recipes. Just as an example, I would like to be able to throw some Hepatizon dust from Metallurgy 2 into a GregTech Industrial Centrifuge to get a Carbon Cell. I've spent hours reading and watching tutorials but am just not understanding it. I'm not sure I've got MCP set up properly, and I know I'm not getting the syntax for the actual code right, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and need help.
So far I've followed the directions for installing MCP with forge and an external API. I have gotten the IC2 api to work (I think), but I keep getting around 80 errors when I try to do it with the GregTech API.
Here's what I'm doing step by step, please let me know if I'm messing any of this up:
1. Download & unpack the mcp725.zip file to it's own directory
2. Install a fresh copy of MC1.4.6 with no mods
3. Copy the bin and resource directories from the fresh MC install to the mcp/jars directory
4. Copy Minecraft_server.jar to the mcp/jars directory (Also 1.4.6)
5. Download the forge source code and extract it to the mcp directory (winds up in mcp/forge) (version 1.4.6-126.96.36.1999 for MC 1.4.6)
6. Download the IC2 and GregTech APIs and put them both in mcp/forge/client and mcp/forge/common
7. Run mcp/forge/install.cmd and wait for it to finish (This is when I see the ~80 errors if I'm including the GregTech API)
8. Run Eclipse and select mcp/eclipse as my workspace
9. Create a new package under minecraft/src
10. Create a new class within the new package
11. Try to write the mod and fail horribly
So far I've just been trying to add a regular macerator recipe just to figure out how to add recipes using items from a mod. I have been stuck on that all night.
Here is the code I've been trying to use:
@Mod(modid = "Test_Mod", name = "Test Mod", version = "0.1")
@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired = true, serverSideRequired = false)
public class Test
public void load(FMLInitializationEvent event)
ItemStack stack1 = new ItemStack(ic2.api.Items.getItem(resin));
ItemStack stack2 = new ItemStack(ic2.api.Items.getItem(rubber));
addMaceratorRecipe(ItemStack stack1, ItemStack stack2)
Clearly, I have no idea what I'm doing despite using the MineCraftForge Wiki tutorials and IC2 API information on http://ic2api.player.to.
So, the questions I have right now are:
1. Am I installing mcp with the APIs correctly? If not, what am I doing wrong?
2. How do I correctly add a macerator recipe to IC2 using items from IC2?
3. How do I add a recipe to the GregTech Industrial Centrifuge (or any of the other GregTech machines) using items from IC2 & GregTech?
4. How do I use items from Metallurgy 2, or any other mod, in recipes for IC2 and/or GregTech machines?
I am really at my wits end with this and will be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me out.