Help adding recipes to GregTech machines

• The crafting system, basically, takes a textual representation of your recipe (for instance, a 3x2 recipe could be 'aab', 'cdd') and an explanation of what each character in the recipe is (for instance {'a', Item.apple, 'b', Item.redstoneTorch, etc}). This is what Greg was trying to explain earlier with the examples, and you'll note his examples follow the rule.

The boolean that shows up in the middle (in our examples, it's always false) allows you to specify a shapeless recipe.

• Ok, since this relates to my question, I'll post it here...

How would I go about creating a multi-input/output recipe system? I want something akin to the Railcraft Rock crusher, but with more 100% outputs, and requires more than just one object for a single input...

Would I need to save the whole recipe layout of input/output a a single value (encapsulating, if that' the proper term), and have the custom crafting table handle only those single values? Or is there another process to go about this (if possible)?

Example: (simplistic)
    bottle of CaSO4 + 1 Na Dust + 1 Na Dust ------> bottle of Na2SO4 + Ca dust
    --thus---
    if Input = CaSO4 + 1 Na Dust + 1 Na Dust
    then Output = Na2SO4 + Ca dust

... if that makes sense?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Ok, since this relates to my question, I'll post it here...

How would I go about creating a multi-input/output recipe system? I want something akin to the Railcraft Rock crusher, but with more 100% outputs, and requires more than just one object for a single input...

There is no such thing in MC or IC², which does that. You need to write your own Machines for that.

Would I need to save the whole recipe layout of input/output a a single value (encapsulating, if that' the proper term), and have the custom crafting table handle only those single values? Or is there another process to go about this (if possible)?

Example: (simplistic)
    bottle of CaSO4 + 1 Na Dust + 1 Na Dust ------> bottle of Na2SO4 + Ca dust

However, if you dont wanna make a Machine for it, then make a special Component called "Bottle of X + Dust of Y" as one Item and then use a Machine with one Input and multiple outputs to decompress it. Also possible would be making it a Container Item to give he Bottle as Container and the Dust as Crafting Output.

However, if you dont wanna make a Machine for it, then make a special Component called "Bottle of X + Dust of Y" as one Item and then use a Machine with one Input and multiple outputs to decompress it. Also possible would be making it a Container Item to give he Bottle as Container and the Dust as Crafting Output.

It'll be for a Custom Crafting Bench (Lab Table)... It won't require power (other machines will), but I guess that makes more sense...

So for clarification, It would have to be something like:

:Iron Dust::Water Cell::Water Cell:
    :Water Cell::Empty Cell::Empty Cell: = "ReactantX"
    :Empty Cell::Empty Cell::Empty Cell:

then,
    Input -> Output
    if Input = "ReactantX", then Output = "ProductY"

thus the Table gives you "ProductY":
    :Gold Dust::Electrolyzed Water Cell::Electrolyzed Water Cell:

...right?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.