Question: Miner

• Alright, blew up a few miners hooking it up wrong to a MFSU, finally figured it out and got it going. Then it stopped at level 33. For the life of me I can not figure out how to make an extractor pipe for IC2. I checked the wiki, youtube, google, my receipe book without success. I figured either it is not implemented yet in 1.00 or I have several mods including IC2 that is conflicting with the extractor pipe ID.

Anyways, I went down next to the mining pipe and saw it hit a water block. I stopped the water block with a piece of dirt and the miner didn't continue.

So, I go back up and take the remaining 33 pipes out and back in the top slot with nothing happening. I disconnected the miner from its power source and reconnected it with no results. Then placed 33 cobblestone blocks in the upper slot to extract the pipes with no results.

The only things I have attached to the miner besides power is a diamond mining drill, OV Scanner, a chest and a geothermal generator trying to get the miner to start again, thinking it might of hit lava but turned out to be water instead.

Kinda stuck on what to do now.

• Take out the drill, that will call the pipes back then put the drill back in and more pipes and it'll continue drilling.

thanks, yeah, I stumbled across that when I was disassembling my miner.

I surmise that the mining pipe is also an extraction pipe and no need to craft a separate pipe for extraction, haven't tested my theory yet.

Is water a barrier, as water stopped my drill?

Would be cool to be able to use a water generator to make water cells like geothermal with lava.

• A pump will make water cells if you place empty cells in the top slot. (And to an earlier question, a miner can't get past liquids unless there's a working pump next to it.)

thanks for the info and fun to play mod