Suggestion: API for Electrolyzer

• simple request for recipe hooks for the electrolyzer
    something along these lines:

addElectrolyzerRecipe(*IN*, *OUT*, *DIRECTION*)

all is self-explainitory except DIRECTION which would be:
    0 = works both ways (electrolyzing and de-electrolyzing)
    1 = only electrolyzeable
    -1 = only de-electrolyzeable

mainly requested this because it irks me to override a base class file for AdvGenerators

• Official Post

If we are at it. Please also the same for Electrolyzer Target Storageblocks, like the isTeleporterCompatible, but for the Electrolyzer.

And here its with a few better Parameters:

addElectrolyzerRecipe(ItemStack aInput, ItemStack aOutput, int aEnergyCost, boolean aReversedSlots)

aReversedSlots just says, that it goes form the Outputside to the Inputside, as your Direction is not really needed if you can simply add another Recipe for doing the same thing.

• different item id's is obsolete since NBT implementation.
    it shoud register:

itemstack usable
    method ontick
    method oncomplete

Method registration will allow to do anything, not only templates predefined inside API.

• Official Post

different item id's is obsolete since NBT implementation.
    it shoud register:

itemstack usable
    method ontick
    method oncomplete

Method registration will allow to do anything, not only templates predefined inside API.

Then every Item has to implement that Interface, and what is if the Item is of another Mod or Vanilla-MC? And you should really work on your understandability. I almost didnt get what you wanted to say.

• every Item registered as iElectrolizable shoud implement iElectrolizable interface, pretty obvious.
    entire implementation of methods shoud be included inside item specific class.

this already done for reactor components.

• Official Post

every Item registered as iElectrolizable shoud implement iElectrolizable interface, pretty obvious.
    entire implementation of methods shoud be included inside item specific class.

this already done for reactor components.

Again, what do you do if the Item is not accessible (IC² or part of vanilla)? I dont want to have to make a special electrolyzable Item for every single Case, and if I have MetaValue based Items, then this Interface would be complete fail at all the non-Electrolyzable Items.