[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

• Hmm, I would really like to use this mod in 1.6 again, it's one of my most important endgame content.
    Do I understand it right, that your version you used after decompiling it and making the pic is really buggy (the compiled versions)?
    Or do you mean something else?

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• Hmm, I would really like to use this mod in 1.6 again, it's one of my most important endgame content.
    Do I understand it right, that your version you used after decompiling it and making the pic is really buggy (the compiled versions)?
    Or do you mean something else?

Yeah. The only bug is, the armor assembler doesn't work. It only works for me in the dev environment, but not in the compiled version. I don't know why, but I might be able to fix it... I don't know yet though... I might consider making it available, but only to people you specifically ask me for it, through a pm.

• Official Post

It only works for me in the dev environment, but not in the compiled version. I don't know why, but I might be able to fix it... I don't know yet though...

Right clicking it with a Gregtech debug scanner lets it open, but updating the GUI by putting items in crashes.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Right clicking it with a Gregtech debug scanner lets it open, but updating the GUI by putting items in crashes.

:/ Well... at least it opens I guess... I'll try to look into it later today. When I get the chance to. Right now though, I'm working on getting Jekins setup for Transformer Converters. ;) And maybe more mods if I can.

• While it's possible for a basic exo-nano armor piece to upgrade to quantum, once an armor is upgraded with a batpack and/or jetpack it can no longer go to quantum. Is this by design or do you plan on a general nano-quantum upgrade module? The module would require 2 iridum plate and a lapotron minimum since all suit upgrades use at least those.

Another option is a disassembler to isolate one item, in this case the armor itself to be upgraded separately and then reassembled. Make sure that the isolated piece has the basic energy rating and put the remainder in the leftover combo.

Another potential combo is with the hazmat suit, especially for nano. Uranium in IC2 experimental and Railcraft's incomplete Firestone stages are unsafe to handle unless you are specifically wearing hazmat. That needs to change.

If you're serious about kicking Gravisuite to the curb then you will need a Mk4 energy upgrade. 10M EU, Tier 3, fabricated with 6 lapotron crystal, 1 iridium plate, 1 advanced circuit, and one exo-armor upgrade. You could make an advanced exo-armor upgrade using the advanced circuit and use two of those instead.

• I kept this topic separate as a tutorial on IC2 machine operations.

IC2 machines in general operate on an energy basis and have no intrinsic time component. Each recipe recognized by a machine has an operation energy rating(Et, eu), and the machine itself has a power rating (P, eu/t) and an internal battery. Each tick where power is available, that energy is applied to the operation, subtracting from the energy needed to complete (Er, eu). Once Er hits zero, the operation is complete and the next one, if any, starts immediately, resetting Er=Et for the new operation. The operation could also be consumption of fuel like coal and lava in the case of generators.

The graphical meter used by most machines calculates 1-Er/Et and multiplies it by the width of the arrow to draw the completed portion of the arrow. The time display for the assembler (t, ticks) can be calculated using t = Er/P and converted to an actual time. If you want a particular baseline operation to use a specific amount of energy to complete a task in a specific time, then you calculate the power rating as P = Et/t.

The whole point of this is to allow the assembler to support upgrades, especially overclockers. These devices are added and removed dynamically, immediately altering the operation. Overclockers speed up the process by increasing the power rating by 60%. Multiple chips stack exponentially, multiplying the power by 1.6^n where n is the number of overclockers. The tradeoff is that Et and Er are increased by 12% each using the same mechanic. The operation time is therefore multiplied by 1.12/1.6, or 0.7 per overclocker. Time is always a calculated value and never tracked internally. Only energy and power are tracked.

The experimental builds have an efficiency upgrade at least in progress if not ready. They are intended to reduce the energy needed by a process without affecting the operating time. Since time is Et/P, it would multiply Et, Er, and P by the same amount. A 10% efficiency chip would multiply by 0.9 per chip. If you want a stronger overclocker and want to affect time and power use by a specific amount then calculate dEt = dP*dt and apply the result to Et and Er as normal overclockers do. That's how dEt was found for the original overclocker... 1.6*0.7 = 1.12. For a 50% speedup and 2.5x power use you would have dEt = 2.5*0.5 = 1.25, effectively combining 2 overclockers in one chip.

• If I understood everything, I agree. The armor assembler should not depend on time or if it is neccessary, make the overclocker upgrades stackable to 16 or so.
    Even if I force-stack them at the moment, the effect won't stack sadly.

I think about this example:
    0 upgrade 30min
    1 upgrade 15min
    2 upgrades 7min 30sec
    3 upgrades 3min 45sec
    4 upgrades 1min 53sec
    5 upgrades 0min 56sec
    6 upgrades 0min 28sec
    etc.

It's about the same as overclocker upgrades, but still I think it's useful.

- Shad0w

• Official Post

Too exponentially good, by the time you've got 10, it's only going to be drawing power for a few seconds. Maybe it should have like 70% of the previous time, rather than 50%

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Hey, I was wondering if this mod is discontinued or still in development. I would love to see an 1.6 version somewhere in the near future, because this addon adds the things that 'vanilla' industrialcraft 2 misses. Because come on, the nanobow is like the best idea for an addon ive ever seen. The combo armors themselves are awesome too, and I dont mind that they are overpowered, since they are endgame and I think that the end game phase of an Techpack you should be like immortal. I hope that you will release an 1.6.4 eventually, i dont mind if its a really buggy prerelease :)

• Hey, I was wondering if this mod is discontinued or still in development. I would love to see an 1.6 version somewhere in the near future, because this addon adds the things that 'vanilla' industrialcraft 2 misses. Because come on, the nanobow is like the best idea for an addon ive ever seen. The combo armors themselves are awesome too, and I dont mind that they are overpowered, since they are endgame and I think that the end game phase of an Techpack you should be like immortal. I hope that you will release an 1.6.4 eventually, i dont mind if its a really buggy prerelease :)

I don't think I'm allowed to make any statements... however though, I do have a 1.6.4 build, but the only way to get armor right now, is to cheat it in, since the armor assembler is broken.

• Are you unable to fix the old code? Or didn't you even get it? I've got some, but sadly, it's all done with fields n stuff (everything that is connected to original mc). as far as i understand, it's still obfuscated, but apart from that seems to be complete...
    Would it help if I told you how I got it or so? Actually, I think you did the same, but just in case...
    - Shad0w

• Are you unable to fix the old code? Or didn't you even get it? I've got some, but sadly, it's all done with fields n stuff (everything that is connected to original mc). as far as i understand, it's still obfuscated, but apart from that seems to be complete...
    Would it help if I told you how I got it or so? Actually, I think you did the same, but just in case...
    - Shad0w

Sure... I'm guessing you got it non-legit? :D I do have it working, only in my environment though. In any case, I'm not working on this anymore, but I'll try once again if I ever get the original source code. :\

• What do you mean by non-legit? by decompiling it? then yes :D

Actually, whenever I've got the time and nothing better to do, I try backtracking all the fields and funcs.
    When i'm done, I should have the original sourcecode again, right?

-Shad0w

Edited once, last by Shadowlife ().

• What do you mean by non-legit? by decompiling it? then yes :D

Actually, whenever I've got the time and nothing better to do, I try backtracking all the fields and funcs.
    When i'm done, I should have the original sourcecode again, right?

-Shad0w

Kinda... it's not the original, since your going to have some errors. Most cases though, the errors are huge. Most cases however... To get back onto the question, you will never get the original source code, unless you contact the person yourself, which I already did try, and the person is not receiving. ?(

• Hello. I wanted to write my addon for IC2 and I've done update of Combo Armors to 1.6.4 (IC2 exp) in order to understand how to write IC2 addons.
    So now I have working IC2CA addon with working Armor Assembler (with experimental energy net) and I don't know what to do.
    I can't share my JAR because I've decompiled and changed code without asking permission. Do you have any idea?

What was done:
    1) Ic2caItems changed from Item to ItemStack
    2) class TileEntityArmorAssembler now extends from TileEntityElectricMachine
    3) class ContainerArmorAssembler now extends from ContainerElectricMachine
    4) Fixed FMLEvents, getMinecraftDir(), ModLoader.getUniqueEntityId(), ElectricItem.charge(), Item.lightStoneDust etc. (1.5.2 differences)
    5) Changed refinedIronIngot to plateIron, lapPack to advbatPack and gold cables.

• Official Post

Release it as an unofficial patch, and take it down if Unix complains, which based how long he's been gone, is very unlikely.

I see this too much.

• It is not final even 1.6.4 version but still can you help me with testing and confirm that the tile entity is working?
    Thanks in advance.

Additional done:

1) Now all items are registered with GameRegistry.registerItem()