[1.4.6][Whitelist][Hamachi]F4113n's Vacation Server

• Well, I might apply then.

My MC username is Lemedli, my Skype name is Refyre.
    I am a friendly and helpful person the likes to build complex stuff and help other people finding and erasing problems. My favourite mods are IC², Thermal Expansion and Xycraft. I hope to join your server because it's not one of those "new chat message every 0.01 seconds" servers, but a small, peaceful one (hopefully without griefing).
    So yeah, er, hoping to join your server soon and see you.

Fyre

You can never have enough Medli IC2.

• Well, I might apply then.

My MC username is Lemedli, my Skype name is Refyre.
    I am a friendly and helpful person the likes to build complex stuff and help other people finding and erasing problems. My favourite mods are IC², Thermal Expansion and Xycraft. I hope to join your server because it's not one of those "new chat message every 0.01 seconds" servers, but a small, peaceful one (hopefully without griefing).
    So yeah, er, hoping to join your server soon and see you.

Fyre

That's a reason to come back on the server. To make you fall into a Lava Lake, just to say "Fight fyre with fire" ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Why do you think forestry is cheating?

Because of the Mod Balance with other mods not really being interesting, making its bee system OP.

You can never have enough Medli IC2.

• Because of the Mod Balance with other mods not really being interesting, making its bee system OP.

At least, the bee system is cool, in Hard Mode and without Extrabees ... but the ways it adds to generate EU are way easier than IC²-vanilla ways (think to Treefarms + Biogas Engine and such)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• At least, the bee system is cool, in Hard Mode and without Extrabees ... but the ways it adds to generate EU are way easier than IC²-vanilla ways (think to Treefarms + Biogas Engine and such)

So thats whys?

You havent seen forestry 2.0 yet then have you. to build a basic tree farm, you need over a stack of tin (macerated), similar of copper, a but load of glass... its so expensive to build now, its almost not worth it. what caps it as not worth it is the entire system HAS to be ran with apatite, which now only spawns in stone areas above 64 (ie only found in mountain biome).

For the bees to spawn you would have to travel or regen the world, which i wouldnt expect, but forestry is no longer 'cheatsie' by any means in terms of the farms any more.

Even the bee hives are harder to make, requiring 3 different machine before you can produce one.

Edit: Even in my Single player map, I have given up on the idea that an automated farm would be worth it as it cant be left to work without apatite. Red Power 2 on the other hand, made a tree farm using frames and mores that generated a 2-3 stacks of wood every 8 minutes for about the same cost and never needs attending to (other than some issues with rp2 timers being linked to the mc world time causing interruptions in the process)

• its just them dam extra bees.
    how do bees even produce diamond and stuff?

its minecraft... theres a lot of things that dont make sense.

But breeding bees isnt the easiest thing either (especially the thaumic bees add on), but the point is to eventually get to a point that you can work on developing your awesome base, rather than clearing 24 square chunks looking for all the diamond needed. the idea is, you could use your time and resources digging for them or breeding something that can produce them (not even always a guaranteed production too, based on the genetics, like the meadow bees only managing one production every 5 gens MinecraftGhast ).

And for those that dont know, bees are separated into group and the second of normally three tiers in each group have recessive traits. This means that though cross breeding to this tier is easy, making sure you keep the genetic required in the next generation isnt. as example, i happened across the valiant bee, it took 5 generations to get the first valiant offspring another 3 generations to get a princess and 13 more generations to get a consistent strain of valiant bees after that. breeding isnt easy, by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Any other questions about how forestry 2.0 works?

Edit: wait, extra bees? ill have to look into this...

• Even in my Single player map, I have given up on the idea that an automated farm would be worth it as it cant be left to work without apatite. Red Power 2 on the other hand, made a tree farm using frames and mores that generated a 2-3 stacks of wood every 8 minutes for about the same cost and never needs attending to (other than some issues with rp2 timers being linked to the mc world time causing interruptions in the process)

I'm currently planning to set that up on PvP lol. Is it efficient ? Does it worth it, compared with some greengens ?
    At least, one of the not-cool point with Forestry, is the fact Sapplings'll give you more EU with Forestry-machines than IC² Biofuel :/

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• i would like just forestry + thaumic bees - extra bees - tree farms = epic

• I'm currently planning to set that up on PvP lol. Is it efficient ? Does it worth it, compared with some greengens ?
    At least, one of the not-cool point with Forestry, is the fact Sapplings'll give you more EU with Forestry-machines than IC² Biofuel :/

The Redpower one? yeah, but you have to understand the engineering needed to set it up, built 3-4 on my test world to get the design down as small as possible and for the redstone wiring (i dont use the rp coms)

Yeah, there is enough extra wood to run a greengen easily enough, though again at the cost of how well you can actually make the machine. Mine for example could have the timer function fixed to have it run even more efficiently (some times the cycle stops it extended which doesnt allow the trees to grow), but it would take more work than I want. So it will be as efficient as you make it.

P.S. my machine plants 64 saps to get that 2-3 stacks/8, but then again the timer was designed to run two and so mine is only running at half cap, but would require another machine for the other end of the timer to run. so like i said, as efficient as you make it.

P.S.S. made another world since everything updated in march, its 8 small machines ran off one timer. dont know the output yet as I have yet to finish it, but am getting bored due to the lack of EU, of which is why im building it... catch 22ish. XD