Suggestion: Iridium and Quantum Armor

• Name:
    Iridium and Quantum Armor

Description:
    Since quantum armor is a bit over-powered, I thought it should be much harder to get. Unless you have gregtech installed, it is REALLY easy to get iridium with uu matter. I think quantum armor should have its own ingot called Quantinium (or something like that) that is really hard to get. To get quantinium, you would need an iridium furnace to cook quantinum alloy ingots. (recipe below) After that, quantum armor is the same recipe except with quantum plates not iridium plates. There should also be a tier of armor in between quantum and nano, called Iridium armor, which is made out of iridium plates and makes you invincible, just really slow and you cant charge the armor.

Recipes:

Iridium Furnace: (Takes a ton of fuel or eu to power)
    :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium:

:Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: = :Induction Furnace:

Quantum Alloy Ingot: (In rolling machine if railcraft is installed) (Cooked in Iridium Furnace)
    :Iridium: :Tesla Coil: :Iridium:

:Matter: :Teleporter: :Matter:

:Iridium: :Tesla Coil: :Iridium:

Iridium Armor: (Does not have any of the abilities of quantum like jump boost or health regen and does not take eu)

:Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: = Iridium Helmet

:Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: :Iridium:

:Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: = Iridium Chestplate

:Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: = Iridium Leggings

:Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: = Iridium Boots

Quantum Plate is cooked in iridium furnace.

Quantumsuit Armor is the same as quantum armor except instead of iridium plates, you use quantum plates.

Let me know what you think of this idea! :)
    Also, maybe there could be a new tier of IC machines? Like a quantum furnace and macerator that smelts/macerates instantly?

• Instead of forcing the devs to create new recipes and all that, you can use greg-tech, has you said.

I know quantum should be expensive, even in vanilla, but for now, stick with greg-tech, actually makes industry a challenge.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Official Post

Let me know what you think of this idea! :)
    Also, maybe there could be a new tier of IC machines? Like a quantum furnace and macerator that smelts/macerates instantly?

I can agree with you that quantumsuit is easily achievable without GregTech, but i doubt devs will change it.
    Tier IV tech for machines is denied (at least on IC²) , if you want machines that does stuff instantly, place 16/13/10 overclockers on them (macerator-extractor-compressor/electric furnace/recycler) and pay about 5x more EU per operation.

• Also, maybe there could be a new tier of IC machines? Like a quantum furnace and macerator that smelts/macerates instantly?

Or wait for coming (in months, I assume) update for Advanced Generators.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• [...]if you want machines that does stuff instantly, place 16/13/10 overclockers on them (macerator-extractor-compressor/electric furnace/recycler) and pay about 5x more EU per operation.

Or use the accelerator from LiquidUU and pay in UU-matter. It's not like you have any other use for the stuff.

• The problem with a suit slowing you down is that you will always end up getting nailed by creepers, and without the QSuit's super jump you will never be able to quickly get out of the deep hole you are inevitably going to get stuck in.

A tier 3 furnace seems pretty silly, since we can make nuclear reactors out of the same material we use for tier 2 furnaces. Iridium isnt an especially hard material to work with, its just rare which is why you need UU-matter to get it. I would not mind needing to beat the game before being able to craft Iridium however. Perhaps you need an End stone to craft your first Iridium (only allowed one time), which unlocks the standard UU-matter iridium recipe? This would create an interesting dynamic for Multiplayer as well.

• The problem with a suit slowing you down is that you will always end up getting nailed by creepers, and without the QSuit's super jump you will never be able to quickly get out of the deep hole you are inevitably going to get stuck in.

A tier 3 furnace seems pretty silly, since we can make nuclear reactors out of the same material we use for tier 2 furnaces. Iridium isnt an especially hard material to work with, its just rare which is why you need UU-matter to get it. I would not mind needing to beat the game before being able to craft Iridium however. Perhaps you need an End stone to craft your first Iridium (only allowed one time), which unlocks the standard UU-matter iridium recipe? This would create an interesting dynamic for Multiplayer as well.

Could you stop reviving dead threads?