RichardG, that's not good enough.

• In this thread, Richardg We Did Nothing Wrong

RichardG said he'd DRM-blacklisted my pack at some point in the past and then unblacklisted us earlier today. Here's the problem: my pack has always respected modder permissions and I have always included a link to IC2 and credit for the IC2 team.

So I think I have a right to know the following:

1. What process is RichardG using to determine which modpacks to DRM, if he didn't even notice my mod list (it's in the tab entitled "mod list", by the way) or the permissions list I maintain (it's in the tab entitled "permissions").
    2. What process changes have been made to deal with this screwup?
    3. Exactly when am I going to get an actual apology instead of having my thread locked?
    4. Can you give me one good reason why I shouldn't include a DRM-stripping coremod to protect myself from you in the future?

This is a serious issue, legitimate players playing a legitimate pack were directly targetted by a modder's DRM. As a modder myself and a modpacker who respects modder permissions, I have a right to an apology and to know what happened, not to have my thread locked after Magus Union berates me for my forums membership.

• I personally think RichardG has made a mistake while organizing the blacklist.

You can never have enough Medli IC2.

• I personally think RichardG has made a mistake while organizing the blacklist.

It is a mistake that is impossible to make if you're actually checking whether mods include permissions, so I would like to know what happened, what will be done in the future to fix it, I would like an apology for the players that were not only affected but were told by one of their mods that I was NOT legitimate. And I would like some sort of guarantee that this won't happen in the future. I don't know how much I can trust such a guarantee, since I would consider IC2's license a guarantee that I will not be targetted by DRM if I follow the rules. But apparently I can't trust Alblaka's guarantees as long as RichardG is contributing to IC2. So perhaps I can trust RichardG's guarantees if he would deign to make one.

• He is currently online, a PM would solve it soon, after he is done with the new troll member "GRichard".

This is a public problem- it affects all of us. It seems as though solving it in public is appropriate. Especially after the way I was treated by Magus Union in public.

• I hate triple posting, but I want to be absolutely clear about this. When RichardG has a beef with me regarding permissions (or erroneously THOUGHT he had a beef with me), he didn't PM me. He didn't handle it quietly in private, where I could have corrected his error. I didn't get a private message about his issues. He broadcasted a message to my players saying my modpack was illegitimate. So no, we're not going to handle this in private, since apparently RichardG likes his beefs to be public. I see that now that it's his mistake, though, the opinion has changed.

• Official Post

This is a public problem- it affects all of us. It seems as though solving it in public is appropriate. Especially after the way I was treated by Magus Union in public.

It affects only your players , not us (so it doesnt include me) :D .
    We are all humans, we all do mistakes, we all screw with stuff (and other people) sometimes.
    He will fix it Soon (TM).

• It will affect affect all of your players , not us (so it doesnt include me) :D .
    We are all humans, we all do mistakes, we all screw with stuff (and other people) sometimes.
    He will fix it Soon (TM).

It affects any players of any modpacks anywhere, since all of them are in danger of being targetted. Also please read the above.

• Okay man, it affects people, you are angry about your modpack (and some other) being "wrongly" targetted. I don't know the real situation, but if he is wrong about your modpack will fix it soon.

I don't understand the scare quotes around the word wrongly. RichardG removed Big Dig from the blacklist and now I am trying to figure out what happened to begin with, whether I need to be worried about it happening again, etc.

• Removed

Translated:
    "BOW TO MY WHIM RICHARDG, BECAUSE MY LOGIC IS RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG AND UNICORNS AND PENIS JOKES AND SO FORTH YOU SCRUB!!!!"

-----------------------------

I really don't see any reason why you need "I'm sorry", beyond being able to say that you 'pulled one over on a mod author'...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Edited once, last by RichardG ().

• Translated:
    "BOW TO MY WHIM RICHARDG, BECAUSE MY LOGIC IS RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG AND UNICORNS AND PENIS JOKES AND SO FORTH YOU SCRUB!!!!"

-----------------------------

I really don't see any reason why you need "I'm sorry", beyond be able to say that you 'pulled one over on a mod author'...

Does "pulled one over on" apparently mean "got an apology after my players were targetted incorrectly by DRM made by"? This is a serious issue for anyone who plays a modpack and isn't still a holy warrior in the technic wars.

EDIT: I want an apology, because I want a confirmation that RichardG recognizes this issue as being as serious as it is.

Does "pulled one over on" apparently mean "got an apology after my players were targetted incorrectly by DRM made by"? This is a serious issue for anyone who plays a modpack and isn't still a holy warrior in the technic wars.

EDIT: I want an apology, because I want a confirmation that RichardG recognizes this issue as being as serious as it is.

Why? You can't trust us anymore? Then why use our mods?

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• "us"? "our"? Are you a member of the dev team now?

I'm in the process of creating an IC2 add-on. So while I'm not the developer of the main, doesn't mean you don't have reason to worry...

(inb4 GreenWolf world destruction rant)

Plus, you didn't answer the question. Are you now hindered in your ability to trust the IC2 dev team?

• So no, you're a forum gadfly who thinks his fanboyism elevates himself. You're nobody.

So while I'm not the developer of the main, doesn't mean you don't have reason to worry...

The odds of you completing something I feel the desire to install doesn't keep me up at night.

Plus, you didn't answer the question. Are you now hindered in your ability to trust the IC2 dev team?

Um, yes, of course. Of course having my players randomly be told that I don't have IC2 permissions, when I do, disturbs me. Of course my ability to play IC2 being turned on and off like a lightswitch at the fickle whims of some guy hinders my ability to trust IC2 as a mod. Yes, if I can't get some very serious answers from RichardG I'm going to be installing illicit coremods or removing IC2 entirely. Obviously. I don't want to resort to those things, though, that's why I'm here.