Suggestion: [Can Brewing be Interesting?]

• I'd like to start off by saying that i already find the Brewing system interesting which would normally make this post pointless but i'll expand on what i mean and hope to hear what you think about it.

The idea of breeding crops to ferment alchoholic drinks is a really good one and I enjoy the idea quite a bit but its lacking in diversity despite the 200 some odd varieties of the beer/ale/dragonsblood. For me, I find rum and black stuff to be the most fun ones to have because they each have a unique personality with their effects. It may well be that the intention of this feature is to offer players a minor effect from the drink itself and more of a roleplayish style of feature to "have a beer with friends" rather than a practical purpose. In both cases it is lacking in diversity from my point of view since even within the current crops you can breed there are many hidden gems that can be fermented into well known drinks like vodka for example, from potatoes.

Practical value to this feature may come from things like specialty brews of drinks which produce unique results. You'd need to discover these combinations of ratio and ingredient types to find "Chef's delight beer" which may give some buff that allows "blank' to happen better or worse in some cases depending on if its a posative unique type or not. The general point I'm trying to make is this feature can be expanded into a much more robust and practical means to enjoy your crops while tripping over cropsticks or walking into trees.

A minor note, this is ic2 so to not have brewing machines or some kind of storage ability for our brews and/or cooled storage powered by our energy grid seems like a fun oppurtunity to play around with i think.

Also, for those who typically just post "I like the idea" in threads like this please change your reply to "i'll drink to that.' for a bit of fun.

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Life the universe and everything.

• I'll drink to that, lol... XD

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I drink to that ^^
    I think it would be cool if this stuff had really cool effects, I mean enough to makes it a goal in itself (as Agriculture is, even if it's just for "smart" people ^^). And I need a way to produce energy with it ^^ (and, btw, not to waste tin to fill it with Water, because yeah, I'm a almost-everything-pincher [I even dislike throwing cobble into lava, having TE cobble gens --')

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I'll drink to that, too. I have always wanted a better boozeception system, but I had no idea of how to make it better. You hit the head of the nail with that suggestion.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• i can only hope this will lead to an industrial brewing revolution since that is the theme of this mod and in a seperate post I made some time ago on the subject. Perhaps a boozalyzer or beeralyzer of some description.

Cropalyzer / beeralyzer

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Life the universe and everything.

Edited once, last by Xizzzy ().

• Nobody else has any other thoughts about how the booze system could be made more interesting?

• Nobody else has any other thoughts about how the booze system could be made more interesting?

Well, considering that this may end up in an add-on as a feature...

(not for awhile, however...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I know I have no intention of making an add-on for this feature, mostly because i think the base idea in the main mod needs expanding to become as good as their crop system is.

I'd like to generate thought and discussion on how best the system could be improved upon while keeping it in proportion with how ic2 works generally. Not so much to suggest specific features but to give food for thought.

• Official Post

About 90% of Accepted Suggestions are used in Addons instead of the main IC2, but i agree, the range could be better. The Main reason i like Minechem 2 is for all the Crazy Chemical effects, got quite a suprise when i made a cerain chemical, apparently its meant to come from some deadly mushrooms, gave me wither 5 and Nausia 10 xD Good thing i was wearing my Hazmat suit or i would of died instantly.
    EDIT:

Oh wow, i didnt actually realise it was you xizzzy, silly sirus ^^