An Infinite Power Source?

• Hi, I know there are infinite power source mods available for debugging and adventure purposes, however, i was curious as to how i can make my power source an infinite one...

the problem is when my source is created (from smelting a new ore) it is uncharged and has to be charged up, and then discharges when used as a powersource until empty and i would like to make it so that the source is already charged when created and is infinite.

this is the current code: http://pastebin.com/HLUpKNdS

how can i make this infinite and pre-charged?

• Official Post

You just created a huge battery, there's nothing where the energy comes from with the default IElectricItem behavior.
    With ICustomElectricItem it's possible to create different behaviors, in your case it'd be implementing discharge to create energy out of nothing.

I've been planning to make the IC2 debug item supply infinite energy btw.

• You just created a huge battery, there's nothing where the energy comes from with the default IElectricItem behavior.
    With ICustomElectricItem it's possible to create different behaviors, in your case it'd be implementing discharge to create energy out of nothing.

I've been planning to make the IC2 debug item supply infinite energy btw.

ok awesome thanks, I will take a look at that thanks.

I didnt mean to tread on the toes of your mod, my mod is actually goings to be about 30 different ores and gems which all have electrical properties, but one, very very rare gem can summon thunder and can be used as an infinite power source. it is not meant as a debugging tool. I have thaumcraft installed as one of 33 mods on my server and it really adds a great mystical feel and i just really wanted to add more "magical" items into the game that still have a very practical use.

• If you use compact solars and spawn the ultimate version of them, they will produce 512 EU/t per block. Line up a few of them chained to several buffer-MFSE and you have a virtually unlimited power source.

• Official Post

If you use compact solars and spawn the ultimate version of them, they will produce 512 EU/t per block. Line up a few of them chained to several buffer-MFSE and you have a virtually unlimited power source.

Or you could get advanced solars, and use the quantum generator which will provide as much power in any packet size as you wish.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• To two posts above :
    Op wants to create an item which is like an infinite battery with a set discharge rate, creating a "generator" item.
    His item will be like a gem which is able to discharge X EU/t inside any storage box.

Thanks, glad somebody read my OP!

Edited once, last by hosker666: found the answer myself :) ().