[BETA] IC2 Recipe Program

• Hey guys what's up!
    A couple days ago my friend Qerobrine and myself were playing Ic2, and I was building solar panels. I was complaining about how, if you want to build more than one, you have to do a bunch of math for how much cable you have to use. While the math isn't that bad, I wanted it to be easier. We sat down, and developed an algorithm to give you a detailed recipe list for the solar panels, including the ingredients for the individual pieces ( :Cable: , :Electronic Circuit: , etc. ). Taking this program, I finished the "solar aspect" of it, and am now expanding it to other components, and will have a more dynamic interface.

What's the best part? you ask.
    It's completely functional in COMPUTER CRAFT, which means you don't even have to leave your game to use it!
    I will update the program regularly, and include suggestions in the comments!
    Thanks guys.
    --Impossible4.

Downloads:
    Version 0.0.2a: www.pastebin.com/tbY3Mdyy

• Official Post

Neat! Feel free to validate your code with my resource calculator *cough* shameless plug, etc *cough* :thumbup:

May i suggest you to also have GregTech on your resource calculator?
    Also another option "have GregTech recipe modification?"

• May i suggest you to also have GregTech on your resource calculator?
    Also another option "have GregTech recipe modification?"

You wouldn't be the first ;)

It's large and complex, with the many, many different recipes avaliable .. I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest, free time is scarce, and I'd prefer to spend what little I already have not pulling my hair out. :D :pinch:

Besides, there's already a good Gregtech one about (despite it's inability to do multiple items :whistling: ). ;)

• Official Post

You wouldn't be the first ;)

It's large and complex, with the many, many different recipes avaliable .. I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest, free time is scarce, and I'd prefer to spend what little I already have not pulling my hair out. :D :pinch:

Besides, there's already a good Gregtech one about (despite it's inability to do multiple items :whistling: ). ;)

Fair enough, Gregtech have tons of recipes and it adds new recipes everyday.

• I'm amazed nobody has done one already to be honest, the interface and interaction has great potential. There must be something holding 'em back.

• This, my friend, is an excellent idea. However, perhaps it would be easier to include a seperate CSV file to store a database of the resources needed for various items? Then write a function to search for the item you want to find?

Perhaps even make it able to load from multiple csv's, that way people would be able to add there own items in.

Overall, good work!

• I"m looking to turn this into an IC2 addon, if anyone wanted to help me. I have the code pretty much done, but I have no clue how to mod.

• This, my friend, is an excellent idea. However, perhaps it would be easier to include a seperate CSV file to store a database of the resources needed for various items? Then write a function to search for the item you want to find?

Perhaps even make it able to load from multiple csv's, that way people would be able to add there own items in.

Overall, good work!

This, my friend, is an excellent idea. However, perhaps it would be easier to include a seperate CSV file to store a database of the resources needed for various items? Then write a function to search for the item you want to find?

Overall, good work!

I actually redid the program to do all kind of material, I got t1 machines and generators and am working on t2 machines right now. there is a resource bank, and sperate files for now.

• TO anyone who still cares, I have a base code for almost everything done now, and I am looking for someone to help me code an addon.