Crossbreading only results in one of the plants involved in breeding

• No matter what I try I only get a plant I started off with. I am using a XBX pattern(X=Stick w/ plant, B = Crossbreeder stick) I am using soil that has been tilled and watered by a nearby water source. Why can I not get a crossbreed? Do I need to use a hydro cell? or fertilizer? or a crop marathon?

• Have you tried to crossbreed different types of crops? For example, wheat X wheat = high probability of wheat, but wheat X sugar cane could = high probability of pumpkin or something else.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

So whats the combo to get coffee?

And what does stickreed do?

I haven't played with newest crops yet (coffee, hops and one i dont know how to get which is redwheat).

Stickreed produces sticky resin AND sugar cane.

Once you get some of them it easily replaces a big rubber tree farm.
    Also stickreed only looks like stickyreed once fully grown (it has orange dots on the plant), before that it looks like normal sugar cane.

• Have you tried to crossbreed different types of crops? For example, wheat X wheat = high probability of wheat, but wheat X sugar cane could = high probability of pumpkin or something else.

Iv tried cross breeding Wheat melons sticks pumpkins and I only get vanilla plants, but ill keep at it

• Also, It is unlikely but, Due to the plants mutating being semi random there is a possibility that you just haven't gotten lucky.

I suggest that you use a crop analyzer and be persistent.

(Also, lay off the weed ex)

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"