[Addon v 1.115][MC 1.5.1] Charcoal to Coal, Now re-balanced and with more configuration!! [WIP]

• Hello guys. I know this isn't some major mod but I was playing around and getting to know the IC2 API for a while. I'm new to minecraft modding and figured getting familiar with it by making some sub-mods would be a good place to start.

Anywho, when playing around with items and recipes I figured, why not just slap a releasable mod together?

This should be compatible with future releases, as long as they don't overhaul the entire API.

I will hopefully be releasing more soon.

Oh and guys. Don't get so excited for this tiny little mod, it really isn't that much. :D

A note for anyone currently using this or that's interested in it. The name is changing to Renewable Resources. I'll update the thread title on the next release.

Future plans for this mod:

Balancing act:
    - Implement charcoal dust rather than straight conversion to coal dust
    - Recipe requiring 8 charcoal dust to make charcoal lump
    - Compressor recipe for charcoal lump to coal conversion

Other recipes:
    - making charcoal dust usuable in some coal dust recipes as an alternative
    - examples : carbon fiber, gunpowder

Oh, almost forgot this part:

EULA:
    Do whatever you like with this mod. Redistribute it, decompile it, modify it or anything else within the scope of the IC2 terms of use. If you do redistribute this mod please give me credit or link back to this thread, that's all I ask.

Installation:
    Simple. Just drop the zip in your mods folder along with IC2.

Recipes:
    Place a charcoal in a macerator for some crazy effects! :pinch: not really, just go make some CHARcoal dust m'kay?

Now take that charcoal dust to a crafting table and make a square out of 8 pieces (leave the center one empty). Oh my god! It made something!? Now the only logical thing to with the new thing you just made is stick it straight in the high pressure squishermabobber.

Ok, straight recipes below:

CHANGELOG:

• Official Post

Cool. All it needs is some Sphax textures. I'll get working on that :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks for the comments guys. As far as the ore dictionary the next release will register charcoal dust and the charcoal lump along with a few other things I've been working on. Also if anyone feels this is unbalanced feel free to make suggestions towards re-balancing. As it stands it takes 8 charcoal to make 1 coal because I don't want to take away from the value of coal as a material while giving charcoal more use other than as a fuel.

• Official Post

Perhaps putting the charcoal dust in an extractor (To remove the nasty impurities) to get carbon dust, then stick 8 into the compressor (like you would with dense plates) to remove the crafting. A little more balanced. Also, you could make a little nerf to carbon plates ( And the extremely op Nano armour ^^) by needing to put the coal dust into the extractor to get carbon dust, but get 4, then needing carbon dust instead of coal dust for the Carbon Fibres. Of course, this means less coal for the nanosuit, so make Carbon plates need 8 Carbon meshes in a compressor instead of 1 per carbon plate, making the coal needed per carbon plate double.

• Good suggestions Sirius, I'll look into that in the next build (probably).

Quick note, I've changed my overall plans for this mod. This will be a re-working of renewable energy sources and creation of new resources as well. I haven't worked out all of the details yet. I also don't want to spoil all of my ideas because I love the IC2 spirit of discovery. That being said, I've updated what I had as of yesterday to implement the forge ore dictionary, make future improvements a bit easier to implement and reworked the directory structure of the textures (that I borrowed from IC2's default textures as a placeholder). Also, if there are any texture artist's in the house that would like to contribute let me know, otherwise future default textures are, more than likely, going to be very ugly :( sadly, I'm a horrible artist.