Any way to use a reactor to power a Geothermal Generator?

• I was playing with Geothermal Generators but it only uses source lava blocks which are consumed. Not sure what is ment by the RedPower volcano providing infinite power as they just seem to be be a source block on black rock.

So I was reading on reactors and was trying to find a way to make use of that heat. Tried in a test world putting the generator next to the reactor, but the generator doesn't produce power unless the source is inside. Tried heating some coolant cells and putting them in teh gen, but that didn't work ether. Just seems like there should be a way to use that heat.

Also, on a side note. Putting depleted cells next to an active cell seemed to change it to a useable re-enriched cell within about a second. The way I read it, it should take some time to recharge a cell.

• Okay, first off... no. You burn lava in a Geothermal generator. It has nothing to do with nuclear technology.

Second off, it burns lava. Volcanoes have a LOT of lava in them. Enough to get you started, anyways. Put a pump on top and let 'er flow, directly connected to your geothermal with waterproof pipes/liquiducts.

Third off, if you run low on lava, try heading to the Nether. Plenty of lava there.

Fourth off... try searching before posting. There's plenty of topics on how to make Geothermals your beginning, middle, and endgame energy source.

• I was playing with Geothermal Generators but it only uses source lava blocks which are consumed. Not sure what is ment by the RedPower volcano providing infinite power as they just seem to be be a source block on black rock.

So I was reading on reactors and was trying to find a way to make use of that heat. Tried in a test world putting the generator next to the reactor, but the generator doesn't produce power unless the source is inside. Tried heating some coolant cells and putting them in teh gen, but that didn't work ether. Just seems like there should be a way to use that heat.

Also, on a side note. Putting depleted cells next to an active cell seemed to change it to a useable re-enriched cell within about a second. The way I read it, it should take some time to recharge a cell.

As Shneekey has said, GeoGens consume lava and lava only. Volcanoes are not just a lava source over basalt, there's thousands of lava source below them.

The extra heat is a balance feature, it is not supposed to be used for energy, otherwise people will be spamming nukes rather than solars/geogens.

Did you cheat those cells in from NEI? 'Cos they start out with no damage value if you cheat them in.

• I got the cells from NEI using a test world. Guess that don't work for experimenting. So after a reactor run, the reactor has depleted AND damaged cells in it? They do stay in it right? not ejected needing pick up before despawn? Guess I meed to run a couple copies of MC so I can run test while playing. Don't want to blow up the server world (haven't got the resources in there yet anyway).

• Official Post

I got the cells from NEI using a test world. Guess that don't work for experimenting. So after a reactor run, the reactor has depleted AND damaged cells in it? They do stay in it right? not ejected needing pick up before despawn? Guess I meed to run a couple copies of MC so I can run test while playing. Don't want to blow up the server world (haven't got the resources in there yet anyway).

What Reactor plan are you using, there are a few that instantly make Reinriched. the NEI Cells work for me.

• For testing breeders in creative just give yourself depleted cells and coal then craft the isotopes yourself to get the proper empty charging value.