[Gregtech] problems with buffers/filters, possible bug?

• I was testing the gregtech translocater/buffer/filter blocks in SP and stumbled hard. The problem as far as I have identified it lies with the energy transmission of before mentioned blocks.
    I've posted on reddit about it, and they told me to come here for help.
    I'll just copy the post here and add further observations after it:

Following the suggestions that it might be a problem with my power supply I loaded the SP world back up and added two bat boxes in parallel and checked again.
    and now the items won't be transferred past the first filter at all. So now the translocater which receives the power will transfer the items from the barrel to the buffer, the buffer to the first filter and there it just stops.
    The blocks are all set to emit energy to their respective output sides, so I am completely lost as to why it isn't working, and neither do I know whether I'm missing something obvious or if I'm just faced with a bug.

I'd really appreciate some help :)

• I'm using Mindcrack 8.2, according to the mcmod.info in the gregtech.zip it's 2.81a
    the barrel contains cobblestone, the filters aren't filtering anything, I'm using them only for branching (may well be that there is better/cheaper ways of branching items, which I am not aware of since I just started playing around with that stuff)
    Placing cobblestone in a filter doesn't change anything either.

• That scanner helps a a lot, thanks :)
    I'm 100% sure that there are no loops in my design, unless some of the blocks output through sides other than their outputs.
    However only the translocator, the following buffer and the first filter are connected to the E-net, subsequent filters are not.
    I also played around with the filters and came across what I believe to be a bug.
    The secondary (blue) output side is facing downwards by default. If you change it to any other side, even if it doesn't create a loop, it will be disconnected from the e-net, until you reset it to facing downward.
    I don't think that this is the source of all of the problems I'm having, so I'll continue playing around with it.

/Edit:
    I also just realized that what I was referring to as a "filter" is actually called a "sorter"
    super brainfart
    face->desk

• Well, I'm glad to know that the bug is known and fixed.
    Wonder why Mindcrack ships the buggy version...

I downloaded the latest version and now my contraption works like a charm now, ready to be deployed on my server :)
    Still sorry for having wasted your time though ...

• Official Post

Well, I'm glad to know that the bug is known and fixed.
    Wonder why Mindcrack ships the buggy version...

I downloaded the latest version and now my contraption works like a charm now, ready to be deployed on my server :)
    Still sorry for having wasted your time though ...

Becuase it was the one in the "Stable versions" thing and they never bothered updating