[Addon v2.0.288+] Advanced Reactors is shutting down

• Is there any way to get this mod for Minecraft v1.4.7? I still use 1.4.7, and can not update to 1.5.2 yet.

As far as I know, this mod does not have a version for 1.4.7.

And certainly you CAN update, you just don't want to for various reasons. One of the things you're giving up by staying on 1.4.7 is access to new mods.

• ...And certainly you CAN update...

Two words: Red Power
    Although I am seriously considering ditching RP and getting Chickenbones's Wireless Redstone mod, as all that I use RP for now is nukeplant control (on/off switch that doesn't wash away)
    Do you know of where I can get the IC2 update to 1.5.x, so that I can complete the process?

• Two words: Red Power
    Although I am seriously considering ditching RP and getting Chickenbones's Wireless Redstone mod, as all that I use RP for now is nukeplant control (on/off switch that doesn't wash away)
    Do you know of where I can get the IC2 update to 1.5.x, so that I can complete the process?

New builds for IC2 can be gotten from http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/
    The site looks to be having some trouble at the moment, so you might have to try later.

• New builds for IC2 can be gotten from http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/
    The site looks to be having some trouble at the moment, so you might have to try later.

Ah, thank you, very much. This now means that the process of Updating can be completed, and I can replace redpower with a better alternative.
    Only one issue - I have TONS of RP ores I need to somehow get rid of... And those ore blocks RP adds underground will leave air behind in ugly patches that I will run into, finding whatever nasties have spawned within the darkness (creepers, skeletons, etc.)... No wonder so many people love redpower, they know that if they lose it, they'll have issues like that to deal with.

EDIT: Just remembered that my Nuclear Reactor is encased in... Redpower Basalt. AND the volcanoes will be missing and huge lavafalls will begin. AND marble will be gone, leaving huge holes like before. AND... and it looks like I'll have to delete save to a dormant directory my main survival world and start over -.-

• Starting over is fun, it lets you refine and rebuild all the shitty systems you had before, into new bigger and better systems that work faster.

• Starting over is fun, it lets you refine and rebuild all the shitty systems you had before, into new bigger and better systems that work faster.

Indeed. I need to plan my base better next time anyways... Making an automatic chicken egg farm under the EU storage & management center is difficult, and annoying, considering that my workplace is just above the EU storage area.
    Still waiting for the builds/downloads/whatevers site to be fixed...

• Updated to alpha 8. Yay!!!

Once again, I took too long to get you and update - I was working with omurestu to fix all the bugs and balance problems he discovered (many thanks). The new version is much more balanced (especially breeder reactors - which can be significantly hotter now).
    I also managed to get audio working, so reactors make sounds now.

Two important notes that I highlighted in the opening post:

(1) The Weeping coolant cell code has changed (in the backend) which broken compatibility with previous weeping coolant cells. The old items are now considered by the game as broken and the game will delete them when you first load alpha 8. I apologize.

(2) Reactor chamber heat capacities have changed greatly. Especially Containment and Ender chambers which were rebalanced with much less heat capacity. This could cause an explosion if you update while they are hot.

I also removed a test block I was experimenting with, you will get a single missing block message, its fine (the block was not obtainable).

It should also be noted that containment values have been buffed. Containment reactor chambers now absorb considerably more of the explosion than they used to. So mush so that 6 containment chambers should be able to completely absorb a high power meltdown (6 chambers absorbs 88.3% of the blast). Meanwhile, 6 Infernal chambers can absorb 92.5% of the blast.

• Awesome :D
    Was waiting for this.

A Feature request now. When installed alongside GT would it be possible for your reactor parts to function as a GT cover?
    Apparently its a pretty easy thing to implement, you would need to ask Greg how its done though.

Keen as to fiddle around with the working heat levels now ^^

• Oh dont worry, Iv just been messing around with this in creative. Had a world reset not long ago and only have very basic machines set up as of 2 hours ago.

• Nice mod, just 2 days with it and i love it, also i'm reporting a visual glitch, when i turn on a reactor with something that isnt vanilla redstone (like redstone behabiour of mfe, minefactory rednet cable or sending the rs output via computercraft) the reactor seem to keep turned off but it is working.

I know my english is bad, but in reality, i talk spanish broh!

• Nice mod, just 2 days with it and i love it, also i'm reporting a visual glitch, when i turn on a reactor with something that isnt vanilla redstone (like redstone behabiour of mfe, minefactory rednet cable or sending the rs output via computercraft) the reactor seem to keep turned off but it is working.

Yeah, I noticed this as well myself, I believe I am not correctly syncing some state information across the network but I'm not 100% sure. It is on my radar to try and fix soon.

• Official Post

Is there a Random heat tick thing? I not, can you add it to a config so Nuclear control becomes useful? :3

Also, some kind of planner for it perhaps? Who ever made the T3 for IC2/GT should make one for this if you cant.

ALSO
    Are you going to do anything with steam? Perhaps making the reactors require water, then the total heat (not of the hull) that the vents output -5% (Water isnt that efficient ;p).

• Is there a Random heat tick thing? I not, can you add it to a config so Nuclear control becomes useful? :3

What do you mean by random heat tick? The reactors do produce environmental effects at high temperatures (like fire, lava, melting...). And the infernal reactor vent also randomly vents bonus heat via fire. Are those the effects you are talking about, or am I missing it?

Also, some kind of planner for it perhaps? Who ever made the T3 for IC2/GT should make one for this if you cant.

I will check with Talonius and try to get integrated.

Are you going to do anything with steam? Perhaps making the reactors require water, then the total heat (not of the hull) that the vents output -5% (Water isnt that efficient ;p).

I hadn't planned on doing too much with steam, I wanted to rebalance the output algorithm (its currently first-come-first-server, but I would prefer an equal-opportinity approach), but I could try this. If I model such a system after the railcraft boiler its possible these reactors will consume immense amounts of water, it would make the pipe configuration interesting (need lots of input pipes to keep the water level up).

I will take a look at these after I sort out the last couple of errors in the way of the 1.6 update.

• Straight port to 1.6.1 uploaded, the audio is broken. Its deeper than just Advanced Reactors - IC² also has audio problems. It looks like Forge updated the sound system and I was unable to figure out the new system - probably because Forge has *not* made an "official" release yet.

• Official Post

IC² also has audio problems.

IC² always had, since it was born.
    IC² audio code is way too outdated and constantly spams MC with audio replays, causing earaches to anyone that dares to get close to more than 16 working generators/machines (of any kind).