Support Request: Battery functionality - pain in the ass?

• Hey!

First off, thanks Alblaka for IC, it's awesome!

However, IC2 is slightly less awesome than IC1; batteries are a pain in the ass.

The batteries of IC1 was great (imo), easy to use, did what they were supposed to, I never experienced any hassle using them, ever... However, with IC2 and it's partially depleted batteries; functionality has been greatly reduced (which goes against the intended idea of improving, not ruining, the battery system).

When I start out on a new IC map, i usually just get a macerator, a generator, and then a crapton of solar panels, along with a nice stack of batteries which I can just leave in the solar panels, in stacks of 5-10, to have them recharged.

This, of course, is impossible with IC2, given it's partially-depleted batteries, whereas I have to manually take out and insert batteries when recharged (this becomes quite a hassle when having atleast 10 batteries).

It really does discourage me from playing -- I mean seriously... Try it, it's a pain.

Now, I wasn't sure if I should put this in suggestions or support, so I just took my chances and went with support... Considering the suggestions that have already been made to change generators, adding an additional slot for empty batteries that will be put in the refill-slot (and the filled battery goes to the chest).

• you schould use a few cables -.-

but anyways i like the new battery system.
    when you only want to scmelt 1-2 items in a electric furnance you can put the battery in for a few seconds and the battery don´t lose it whole charge.

and for you problem, you can wire the solars to a batbox ,wait until it is full and then charge you batterys

• you schould use a few cables -.-

but anyways i like the new battery system.
    when you only want to scmelt 1-2 items in a electric furnance you can put the battery in for a few seconds and the battery don´t lose it whole charge.

and for you problem, you can wire the solars to a batbox ,wait until it is full and then charge you batterys

But unlike in IC1 you still have to put each of them in and out manually (which is why I'm skipping batteries completely and connect all my machines to my powersources)

• But unlike in IC1 you still have to put each of them in and out manually (which is why I'm skipping batteries completely and connect all my machines to my powersources)

This is exactly my point. Made 20 batteries, and have now instead of using them just built generators for solar panels to hook up to my machines...

I seriously would have preferred batteries though.

• If I m understanding you right I think the biggest problem for you is that the batteries don't auto dump into a chest. I too would like to see this implemented with more of the machines with them at least being able to dump the final product into a chest if it is overloaded. It would be even better if they could also take stuff out of the chests but that it is a little more complicated. Unfortunately I m not holding my breath for either at the moment since IC2 is still very new, not to mention that 1.8 is going to be coming out very soon which will probably mean more bug fixing.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Official Post

I made you a mod! Well, not just you specifically, this solves several usability issues people have been running into with varying play styles. But anyway. I think it'll work pretty well for what you want, since you can drop a stack of batteries into it and it'll unstack and charge them for you, and it's pretty inexpensive. :)

[AddOn v1.0] Charging Bench