Not enought EU (with Lamp)?

• Hello everyone. I started playing with this mod and wanted to make the lighting of the lamps in my house. I have a plan. I did a calculation of consumption of lamps, including energy loss, take 30 EU and 2 EU remain (with copper wires). But the power of 3 generators do not have enough for the job. The charge in bat box gradually reduced, not steady at 40,000. HELP ME. Where is the mistake.

Here's the PLAN

I think that the energy just disappears

• Official Post

Hello everyone. I started playing with this mod and wanted to make the lighting of the lamps in my house. I have a plan. I did a calculation of consumption of lamps, including energy loss, take 30 EU and 2 EU remain (with copper wires). But the power of 3 generators do not have enough for the job. The charge in bat box gradually reduced, not steady at 40,000. HELP ME. Where is the mistake.

Here's the PLAN

I think that the energy just disappears

The energy DO disappear due loss on cables. Copper loss is 1 EU every 5 blocks so if the block receiving energy is 20 blocks far it will receive only 28 EU while the batbox drains 32 EU.
    You must use glass fiber cables to reduce that loss to minimum.

• I think that the energy just disappears
    The energy DO disappear due loss on cables. Copper loss is 1 EU every 5 blocks so if the block receiving energy is 20 blocks far it will receive only 28 EU while the batbox drains 32 EU.
    You must use glass fiber cables to reduce that loss to minimum.

Look on plan X blocks loss 1 EU. Input 30 from regerator. The calculation is correct?

• Official Post

all luminators have interal storage of 10k EU, so considering the energy loss of the farthest will take an enormous amount of energy to fill.

the farthest will receive about 28 EU of 32 from the batbox (the loss is rounded down). To fill its 10k EU internal storage will take you about 11-12k EU, which is not the best option.
    A recommendation is to use LV transformers or batboxes every 4 copper cables to reset the loss.

• I understand that it is not effective. I am interested in another aspect of the issue. Why they do not work on the 3 generators. The fact that the loss is all I care. Generators operate continuously without delay.

• I understand that it is not effective. I am interested in another aspect of the issue. Why they do not work on the 3 generators. The fact that the loss is all I care. Generators operate continuously without delay.

Each generator emits a 10 EU-packet per tick. So 3 generators producs three 10 EU-packet per tick.

Each copper cable causes it to lose 0.2 EU per block.

40 blocks causes it to lose 8 EU per packet.

At the end there are three 2 EU-packet per tick.

So 6 EU/t total to all the Luminators. (I think the cable loss applies to all the consumers, never knew, always used Glass Fibre or Superconductor from GT)

6 EU/t total should not be sufficient.

If you have a BatBox as a buffer within 4 blocks of any generator, the BatBox should emit a 32 EU-packet per 1.067 ticks.

40 blocks causes it to lose 8 EU per packet.

At the end there is a 24 EU-packet per 1.067 ticks, or 22.5 EU/t on average.

22.5 EU/t total should be sufficient.

If you want a less complicated power system, try Michael Jacksons Minecraft Joules. Its mechanics are rather bizarre also though. However if you still insist on using EU then just spam Glass Fibre Cable. Rather cheap, a diamond, gold ingot and silver ingot for 8 pieces with GregTech. With or without, 2 silver ingots and a diamond for 6 pieces, or 2 redstone and a diamond for 4 pieces.

I remember back in Beta 1.8 when they had twice their power loss and produced 12 pieces instead.