Windows 8 - Opinions?

• I was wondering, what is everyone's opinions on Windows 8? I'm currently thinking of buying a new laptop that comes pre-installed with W8, but after all I've heard about it, I'm also wondering whether or not I should go through with the hassle of downgrading to Windows 7.

• windows 8 optimized various things, but it feels more like a tablet than a windows desktop used to. I would recommend trying it out before downgrading, as win7 is >100 USD, which is not money you would want to throw away

• Official Post

I would recommend you to use a Classic Desktop Design like Win7 had (there are third party Programs for that). Nobody likes the new tablet optimized design of the Win8 "Desktop". Win8 is a marketing flop, but it can run more efficient than Win7. Its just the Design that is bad about Win8. I heard that many Games are not running on Win8, but I have never seen confirmation for that, if so, then use Win7 instead.

• windows 8 optimized various things, but it feels more like a tablet than a windows desktop used to. I would recommend trying it out before downgrading, as win7 is >100 USD, which is not money you would want to throw away

Fortunately I still have my old product key and W7 install disc from the laptop I'm using now.

I would recommend you to use a Classic Desktop Design like Win7 had (there are third party Programs for that). Nobody likes the new tablet optimized design of the Win8 "Desktop". Win8 is a marketing flop, but it can run more efficient than Win7. Its just the Design that is bad about Win8. I heard that many Games are not running on Win8, but I have never seen confirmation for that, if so, then use Win7 instead.

Alright, so I suppose it's a case of "take it with a grain of salt?"

• After a couple of months you get used to the crappy start menu screen.

And if you believe the rumors, Microsoft is creating a patch that will add the old start menu.

• windows 8 is in most cases slower then windows 7
    because it loads things diffrently, even if you gave some programms prioritie.
    it just seems faster.
    aby thing else is just crap if you dont have a touchscreen.

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• :P

windows 8.1 might fix some things
    like the start screen and start button.

still i think it wont be better than windows 7.

seems like we have to wait for windows 9. (guessing after the bad/good/bad/good rythm of the redmonder)

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)