Bug: Nonfunctional sounds

• Yeah, I was playing Minecraft earlier with the Quieter sound pack for IC2 pack installed, and the sound was working fine for some time, but I had to go away from the computer to work on something and it went and locked itself.

When I came back and unlocked the computer, the sounds weren't working.

I checked my sound settings, all good there. Checked if AudioMod was installed right; yep. I checked the native volume settings for Minecraft, still good.

Help?

PS: By sounds, I mean the WHOLE MC sound system went down.

• Official Post

Beats the heck outta me, I've never had a Minecraft sound or graphics problem that rebooting didn't fix (other than the volume getting muted when sound issues do occur). Definitely not an IC2 bug though, if it affected more than just our sounds. Possibly an AudioMod issue, most likely something in the base game. You could try nuking your options.txt file too, but I don't think there are any sounds settings other then volume in there.

• sometimes i have a simmilar prbolem, i start minecraft and there are no sounds
    but restarting minecraft seems to help
    But because i always play with Mods i don´t know if thats in vanilla too

• Official Post

Sometimes, if minecraft runs out of memory, OpenAL will crash, causing minecraft to enter silent mode. Happened to us a few times when testing new sound code.

Restarting minecraft should fix it. If you run the game from commandline, then you should be able to see what happens in the command prompt.

• Sometimes, if minecraft runs out of memory, OpenAL will crash, causing minecraft to enter silent mode. Happened to us a few times when testing new sound code.

Restarting minecraft should fix it. If you run the game from commandline, then you should be able to see what happens in the command prompt.

Yeah, I'm going to double check via the Terminal, something isn't right here.

EDIT: I think the lwjgl needs to be updated. I'll report back once I get the results.

• *facepalm* Never mind. Plugged in my headphones and the sounds worked, I had my sound setting set to only output to headphones, not the speakers. And the missing IC2 sounds? Messed up the location, put them in "/resources/sound" not "/resources/mod/sound".

Can a mod or admin close this thread?