Gregtech Newb needs help.

• Ok. I've thrown my brain into a loop here, and can't find my way out.
    I'm trying to get started in a new world using IC2 w/ GT, BC, Railcraft, Forestry.

I get the GT changes the macerator recipe. Now I need diamonds and an advanced circuit.
    To get the advanced circuit I need glowstone dust. (Need to go to the nether)
    Flint and steel to open the portal requires steel.

To get steel I need to either use the railcraft blast furnace, or throw copper dust into to the Industrial centrifuge.
    But to get the copper dust I need the macerator, then also need the industrial centrifuge (which also needs 2 advanced circuits) to get the nickel needed to make the industrial blast furnace.

Am I missing some other way to open the nether portal? A way to get glowstone dust with out needing the macerator? (I know you can use gold dust and redstone, but still don't have the macerator to make the gold dust)

Someone please set me in the right direction.

• Get Thermal Expansion, It helps a lot

• True, I completely forgot about that. A fire charge can also do it (Unless that has been changed since I last used fire charges)

• Official Post

And Gold dust and redstone makes glowstone, you can grind up gold dust with the iron mortar.

• Get Thermal Expansion, It helps a lot

Not that much lol ... It makes you able to get the Pulverizer faster, but TE-energy-net aren't convenient when you HAVE to use IC² machines (and so get a new Powersystem).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Not that much lol ... It makes you able to get the Pulverizer faster, but TE-energy-net aren't convenient when you HAVE to use IC² machines (and so get a new Powersystem).

Not to forget that TE stuff requires Steel (if you have the hard config enabled).