Blast furnace

• Quick question: Is there a point in increasing the heat capacity of the industrial blast furnace past 3000? IE does it cook things slightly faster? Right now I have one at 3200 with no advanced machine casings and I just don't see the point of increasing its capacity at the expense of chrome (gregtech on survival mode, im conservative with my precious metals :P).

• It doesn't cook things faster. the only reason it should be increased past the maximum is recipes later might require higher heat levels.

If you want to cook things faster just overclock your furnace but be careful, they eat energy like crazy!

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• There is not really any benefit, it still cooks all items at a set speed for each item.
    For more speed, I suggest that you make more blast furnaces, so that you can smelt more items at the same time, without quadrupling energy consumption for overclocking.

• Oh thanks that is good to know. I think I'd be better off just adding more furnaces instead of just one cooker on that structure. I've learned that one oven for the higher heat dusts will drain an msfu like its nothing. I have to keep an eye on the power until i get the nerve to rework the power network. totally didnt see the above post when i started typing this one so yeah i agree.

• A hint to reduce power usage and increase efficiency is to upgrade the furnaces with heating coils (both automatic electric furnace and blast furnace accepts them).
    First 4 Kanthal Coils, then 4 Nichrome Coils.

Alright that I didn't know. Considering I only have only one "blast furnace" on the structure that is good to know, thanks!

• A hint to reduce power usage and increase efficiency is to upgrade the furnaces with heating coils (both automatic electric furnace and blast furnace accepts them).
    First 4 Kanthal Coils, then 4 Nichrome Coils.

But if you want to have 4 Ind. BF on the same structure, it may be as cheap (I don't know, since I didn't test that) as upgrading each Blast Furnaces.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

But if you want to have 4 Ind. BF on the same structure, it may be as cheap (I don't know, since I didn't test that) as upgrading each Blast Furnaces.

Coils reduce energy usage by decreasing operation time, so it depends on what you want.

• Official Post

WAIT WHAT ?

The HA Machine Casing does not require Chrome anymore ???

Talking about reinforced ones, a full reinforced blast furnace may smelt the majority of materials.
    I meant "Increasing maximum heat for up to 4 blast furnaces blocks at once"

• Talking about reinforced ones, a full reinforced blast furnace may smelt the majority of materials.

Then back to my question (--'), what's the point of upgrading a Blast Furnace with HAMC ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Then back to my question (--'), what's the point of upgrading a Blast Furnace with HAMC ?

Currently, not much. [Also it is Advanced Machine Casing, dispite it has "Highly advanced" stuff]
    If greg adds another ingot that requires higher heat (like Osram [OsFeW] ingot)?

• Ive had problems adding coils to blast furnaces, do you know what version that was implemented in?
    I play on FTB ult, My brother doesn't want to update -.-

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Ive had problems adding coils to blast furnaces, do you know what version that was implemented in?
    I play on FTB ult, My brother doesn't want to update -.-

I think the rightclick-to-upgrade system has been implemented after 1.4.7.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The reason I ask is we can upgrade our other machines with overclockers and transformer upgrades but I can not get coils into the blast furnace.

Do you know If the coils had been added later on? I am still relatively new to gretech and haven't really been able to follow the change logs.

Alblaka says:

• Ahh, okay that worked. Thank you, now I know. xD

Alblaka says: