Solving the armor textures/iron furnace gui bug

• i got tired of just wait and press F5 on the jenkins page to see if player fixes the bug with the armor textures and the gui (background) of the iron furnace. So i just took a hexa editor (i just can't download mcp and jdk at 5kbps..) and edited those two files: GuiIronFurnace.class and ItemArmorIC2.class to change the paths and fix the bugs and i just want to share this with the community until the bug is offitially fixed.

Ah, and i copied the /assets/ic2/textures/armor/* to /assets/ic2/or/* And copied the furnace gui background (found on the minecraft.jar) to /assets/ic2/ffurnace.png.

i attached to this post the two classes edited and the jar file with that just done.

PS: Remember to delete the META-INF folder!

Edit: well, i can't upload .class and .jar files, so i compressed the three files into a zip one.

• Sometimes someone does something really working... ) That is gerat)
    Did you tried to do something with nanosabre?

Ive been trying to fix that bug, but at the moment i couldnt..

This is nice - BUT - doesn't seem to work if you have Forestry installed. It gives you a validation failure.

Logs?

• Logs?

No logs. Only this:

2013-08-03 18:05:08 [SEVERE] [Forestry] ic2.core.IC2 failed validation. Halting runtime for security reasons. Please replace your mods with untampered versions from the official download sites.

(And by no logs, I mean it didn't crash, so no crash report - it just stopped with that message.)

• That's a feature in Forestry (Railcraft also contains it) to prevent "hacking" of mods, so only addons for mods will work.

You need a patched Forestry to make it work.

• Out of curiosity, Instead of reinventing the wheel; what about doing a resourcepack instead?

You know people keep saying this. Have you fixed the furnace via a resource pack? Do you have a link to the download... So far everyone opens their mouths but has yet to actually fix it.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• You know people keep saying this. Have you fixed the furnace via a resource pack? Do you have a link to the download... So far everyone opens their mouths but has yet to actually fix it.

I think the issue is more of people not knowing what the correct path for the GUI is.

• As far as a resourcepack fix, that isn't possible at the moment as the path that IC2 is currently looking for is /armor/ic2/texture/armor you can add that pat to your resource pack all day long and it wont mater since you have to put it all in the assest folder first or minecraft wont see it at all. and since IC2 isn't looking in the asset folder for its armor or Iron Furnace textures then it cant find them. And the iron furnace path is suppose to be directed at the Mincraft furnace GUI texture, but again it is looking for the texturepack path instead of the resourcepack path so again cannt be found, I am sure the mod devs know of the issue and how to fix it we just have to be patient and wait for the update, currently the 401 build has a few other issues but some of those are due to the mod dependent APIs not having been updated at the time of release, such as BuildCraft changing the name of the Water proof pipes to Fluid Pipes, so now IC2 wont recognize them either, but it will all get fixed as the other APIs get updated.

• I'm not too sure on how to use this.. So can someone please tell me how to? He didn't say how to fix it, all he just said was that he fixed it, and he edited a .class. X(

• I'm not too sure on how to use this.. So can someone please tell me how to? He didn't say how to fix it, all he just said was that he fixed it, and he edited a .class. X(

Download the zip and open it using WinRAR or 7Zip.
    Inside the zip file you will find a jar file.
    Replace your IC2 jar file with the jar file inside the download.
    Done.

Be warned though, this will not work with Forestry and Railcraft due to special coding inside them.