[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Official Post

My goal is not tо make the cup run over, like GT does. GOODNESS, IRON PICK AFTER A WHOLE FRIKKIN HOUR OF PLAYING? SERIOUS?

GregTech is making minecraft approach reality as much as possible, making the tech progression realistic, thats the problem people have been facing.
    Before you could get an iron pick (and luckily a diamond pick) in the first 5 minutes of gameplay.
    You don't progress from stone age (stone and flint) to metal age (iron, bronze) in a few hours (MC-wise). It was (and is if GT is not installed) like steve is a magical blacksmith which doesnt need ANY kind of tool to smelt, smash and handle metals and gems.

• GregTech is making minecraft approach reality as much as possible, making the tech progression realistic, thats the problem people have been facing.
    Before you could get an iron pick (and luckily a diamond pick) in the first 5 minutes of gameplay.
    You don't progress from stone age (stone and flint) to metal age (iron, bronze) in a few hours (MC-wise). It was (and is if GT is not installed) like steve is a magical blacksmith which doesnt need ANY kind of tool to smelt, smash and handle metals and gems.

But it's a game at last.
    I mean yes, it's good to add hammers and such, but... You just sit in the earlygame just doing nothing, however there is a ton of stuff ahead. Sometimes even a new version of MC arrives while you get from earlygame to midgame and from midgame to endgame.
    I don't say GT is bad or something like that. GT is a pretty cool mod (i wouldn't really say it's playable at its nerfed state), but I respect Greg just for the amount of effort he put in his mod. 3.1 megabytes, while my 1.6.2 minecraft is 4.622 megabytes. Remember, that minecraft is being worked on by a whole company with a ton of money, while Greg is sitting in his flat
    and adding stuff all by himself.
    GT is an awesome mod, but just not for me. (and for a lot of other playersand even entire Forgecraft)
    I don't want to make this thread GT-holywar, soooo...

I think I'm ready for the next version. It will feature QRing, EMagnet and some other toys. I optimized drill a bit too (wrote a whole brand new sneaky algorithm for orefinding). I may or may not devote tomorrow and add an Adv miner, we'll see.

• You know that before GT I used to skip the Iron Pick direclty for the Drill (upgrades as soon as I got 3 diamonds into DD ofc) ? ^^. In the same way, I never smelted directly more than 40 Iron Ore, because of the macerator being SO easy to get ...

Anyway, I like your mod as well, but not without GT, because the UUM wouldn't be an actual challenge ^^.

Edit: If you want tons of suggestions, read the long pages I made on the GT suggestion&TO-DO list Thread ^^. Saying that because you mentionned Adv. Miner, which I recently suggested to GT ...

Btw ... MOBILE MINER! Because the IC2 version isn't worth the time you need to set it up IMO.

And Fuel/Fracking Tools>Adv. Drill! ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• A sensible limit is needed for balancing purposes as well. I think 100 blocks would be more than enough, don't you ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Make the head have chunkloading properties (when it is working), while the main block is loaded by you, then you won't have problems with chunkloading.

What happens if someone drops a nuke on the middle section of the pipe that isn't loaded by either head or miner?

• Okay, here's in-dev specification for Adv Miner (just ideas, they are not implemented yet):
    1. Range 32x32
    2. Energy consumption 256 EU/t (or some other big number). BC quarry's max Mj/t = 50, so it should be 50 * 2.5 = 125 EU/t, so ideally Adv Miner should consume 128 EU/t
    3. Speed: 1 block per tick. (might be too fast, we'll see, maybe i'd decrease it to 2 or 3 ticks per block).
    4. MUST USE ENHANCED DRILL AND ADV SCANNER (i should review recipe for adv scanner, because it requires UUM, making it instantly endgame, however i want it to be mid-game item)
    5. Will use adv mining pipes (they are crafted as

MMM
    MAM === 8 Adv Mining Pipes.
    MMM

where M = mining pipe, A = advanced machine block)
    6. Built-in chunkloader.
    7. The way it works is:
    First of all, miner drill down
    It scans 32x32 area around its Y axis and if it finds any ore, it will mine its way over to that ore and drill the whole vein instantly (or maybe 1 block per tick, we'll see) before going 1 level down the Y axis.
    8. Will apply all the enchancements you have on your drill (e.g. it will apply fortune III to every block it mines)

For now, that's it. I will get to implementation now.

• 1. Range 32x32

It's far easier to make it symmetrical if you use odd numbers, unless you plan on making the drill "pipe" be sized at even blocks as well.

2. Energy consumption 256 EU/t (or some other big number). BC quarry's max Mj/t = 50, so it should be 50 * 2.5 = 125 EU/t, so ideally Adv Miner should consume 128 EU/t

Quarry accepts up to 500 MJ/t and uses 60 MJ per block mined (assuming I read the code right).

3. Speed: 1 block per tick. (might be too fast, we'll see, maybe i'd decrease it to 2 or 3 ticks per block).

Have it be overclockable with modest starting speed with power usage of 60*2.5=150 EU per-block. More overclockers = more speed = higher energy used per-block. Perhaps similar to GT of doubling speed and quadrupling power use per-tick giving twice the power used per operation.

4. MUST USE ENHANCED DRILL AND ADV SCANNER (i should review recipe for adv scanner, because it requires UUM, making it instantly endgame, however i want it to be mid-game item)

Have several tiers for either drill and/or scanner giving different speeds, energy usage and coverage.

• It's far easier to make it symmetrical if you use odd numbers, unless you plan on making the drill "pipe" be sized at even blocks as well.

Quarry accepts up to 500 MJ/t and uses 60 MJ per block mined (assuming I read the code right).

Have it be overclockable with modest starting speed with power usage of 60*2.5=150 EU per-block. More overclockers = more speed = higher energy used per-block. Perhaps similar to GT of doubling speed and quadrupling power use per-tick giving twice the power used per operation.

Have several tiers for either drill and/or scanner giving different speeds, energy usage and coverage.

Since when does quarry consume 500 MJ/t? 0_0. Maybe GT?
    The thing with overclockers is a really good idea. I'll take it.

Edited 2 times, last by mak326428: MJ/t, not EU/t. I think I need more sleep. ().

• Since when does quarry consume 500 EU/t? 0_0. Maybe GT?

I said it accepts up to 500, not that it consumes as much. It has 15000 MJ internal storage :)
    I'm not quite sure how exactly the speed of the quarry is determined but I know that it depends on the amount of energy stored in the quarry block and to get to the maximum speed one needs to keep the internal storage as close to full as possible.

• Oh, this might take a while. I already spent an hour and still have nothing.
    Better to concentrate.

Also, I feel like i may cancel idea about adv mining pipes. IC2's are okay, i think.

Things seem to be settling down. Miner now drills straight down. Need to add scanning and oresmining functionality.

Here're a few screenshots:

• Good job Mak and awesome addon ! Today i finished update my Advanced DDrill with 3 modes (normal, low power and big holes) and also I saw that one mode is already realized at you (big holes 3 * 3 * 1). But pleases nothing more than a variety in items :) I already planed create new adv miner with custom animated 3d models. Static models is too boringly. My idea create Miner Operate Station and new Miner with upgrades. Miner operate station can transmit power to Miners and miners can teleport items to Miner Station. Miners can automatic changing mine pos after work (gravi engine upgrade).
    Base function: - "silk touch mode", miners not required pump to work (not necessary pump out lava and water, pipes are laid through a lava and water), changing mining range, 4 internal slots for power source (any ElectricItem), internal Geo Radar (not required scaners), using mining bore not Drills :), internal storage with 27 slots also work with external storage (like as chest).
    We can combine efforts in writing new addon :)

• Plz, don't make your Miner work with Enchants ... Because Fortune and Silktouch are the only thing that makes manual mining useful, especially assuming the IC2-like Miners mines mostly what you want already ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Good job Mak and awesome addon ! Today i finished update my Advanced DDrill with 3 modes (normal, low power and big holes) and also I saw that one mode is already realized at you (big holes 3 * 3 * 1). But pleases nothing more than a variety in items :) I already planed create new adv miner with custom animated 3d models. Static models is too boringly. My idea create Miner Operate Station and new Miner with upgrades. Miner operate station can transmit power to Miners and miners can teleport items to Miner Station. Miners can automatic changing mine pos after work (gravi engine upgrade).
    Base function: - "silk touch mode", miners not required pump to work (not necessary pump out lava and water, pipes are laid through a lava and water), changing mining range, 4 internal slots for power source (any ElectricItem), internal Geo Radar (not required scaners), using mining bore not Drills :), internal storage with 27 slots also work with external storage (like as chest).
    We can combine efforts in writing new addon :)

Thanks for friendly response :)
    I'll take your suggestion under proper consideration, that's for sure ;)

Miner with upgrades: already planned, my miner will be overclockable.
    Writing new addon: it's really difficult to start from scratch.
    I think we might merge some things (like vajra, advanced nano chestplate, jetpack).
    Everything else is already implemented in my addon (superconductors are placeable in the world like you planned, GraviChestPlate's functionality is inside of Levitation Boots).
    Also, you may write in Russian (it would be easier for me to understand you), as I am Russian too.

• Plz, don't make your Miner work with Enchants ... Because Fortune and Silktouch are the only thing that makes manual mining useful, especially assuming the IC2-like Miners mines mostly what you want already ...

Silk touch I could live with. Fortune, on the other hand, is WAY too OP even as a vanilla enchant on a random pick.

• Silk touch I could live with. Fortune, on the other hand, is WAY too OP even as a vanilla enchant on a random pick.

You need to get a enchanted book with fortune, which are fairly rare. (they are really rare actually, just because you can get any sort of enchantment on the book (on picks you can obviously only get toolenhants)), so i think, miner will accept fortune.
    Not that OP in the end.