[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• You do realize that by expansion I meant also expanding scrap and energy production, right?

Also there are other exponential fun tions besides just the one you described. Their only difference is the rate of increase but they are all exponential

• You do realize that by expansion I meant also expanding scrap and energy production, right?

Also there are other exponential fun tions besides just the one you described. Their only difference is the rate of increase but they are all exponential

Expanding scrap production ? To me anything (but Vanilla) that products illimited scrap should be on the blacklist as well.

Also, first definition ever made of the exponential function:
    A function f, that for each "a" and "y" will do f(X+a)=f(X)*y.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

The new Enet is even more performant. All the work is now done by the Net itself instead of by the Modder who implemented the Output. Too bad he didnt add Amperage.

That change will make 95% of IC² userbase mad, including me.

Make player add a similar E-net to UE with the current performance and i will be happy :
    Output on Watts (or another new unit [maybe MW {Minecraft Watts}] that determines the amount of "EU/t", or even just EU/t), maximum input depends on voltage (as usual) and losses are determined by cable resistance, percentage over distance.

• Official Post

I could still transfer enormous amounts of energy through cables, if i want to.
    It will just make the setup more complicated AND the need of making several mass fabs.

Please player, only EU/t as a limit doesnt make sense at all. It will just annoy people for nothing.

• I could still transfer enormous amounts of energy through cables, if i want to.
    It will just make the setup more complicated AND the need of making several mass fabs.

Please player, only EU/t as a limit doesnt make sense at all. It will just annoy people for nothing.

Absolutely agreed. Well, if packet-deletion-thing makes its way over to IC2 official, maybe i could find a way out.
    Just some thoughts:
    create a cable that ignores ENet rules and transfers energy with packets. On addon-machine side, it will cause injectEnergy several times per tick and will make it possible to cause EnergySourceEvent (i forgot how exactly it's called, just opening eclipse for that seems lazy) several times per tick. Maybe even create another energynet, like Greg did, based on "outdated" energynet.

• Absolutely agreed. Well, if packet-deletion-thing makes its way over to IC2 official, maybe i could find a way out.
    Just some thoughts:
    create a cable that ignores ENet rules and transfers energy with packets. On addon-machine side, it will cause injectEnergy several times per tick and will make it possible to cause EnergySourceEvent (i forgot how exactly it's called, just opening eclipse for that seems lazy) several times per tick. Maybe even create another energynet, like Greg did, based on "outdated" energynet.

universal calbe with mekanism have this mechanic

• Expanding scrap production ? To me anything (but Vanilla) that products illimited scrap should be on the blacklist as well.

How do you produce scrap? Using redstone or other mined stuff? If so then just create additional mining machines and run them in parallel.

Also, first definition ever made of the exponential function:
    A function f, that for each "a" and "y" will do f(X+a)=f(X)*y.

I was talking about exponential growth

r and t can be any numbers.
    [edit]
    darn the transparent .png
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth

@e-net whine, I'm absolutely certain there will be ways to mimic current setups of having several X EU/t providers in a single network and not have things blow up. Technically it can be achieved even now with transformers/transformer upgrades.

• Thinking about the E-net system ... deleting packets (aka Amperage) won't change anything BUT prevent you from transfering HV with MV cables, MV with LV etc ... aka deleting exploits and annoying you a bit with Machines net ^^.

And I use Sapphire dusts mainly as a Scrap sources, Diamond Dusts and Thorium Dusts as well when I've a shortage ^^.

@Above: It's said at the beggining: geometric growth ^^. Which means if f(a+X)=yf(a), then f(a+2x) will be y²f(a). But ... we don't really care lol.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Hm, how frequently do you push code to github? I see you only have one branch with latest commit done 11 days ago. I'd like to get the latest unstable thing working with IC2 experimental :)

• Hm, how frequently do you push code to github? I see you only have one branch with latest commit done 11 days ago. I'd like to get the latest unstable thing working with IC2 experimental :)

I have serious problems with GitHub.
    I cannot commit at all, (getting an error).
    Code there is sooooo outdated, do not recommend even looking at it, i rewrote a lot of code and added new stuff.

• ah, well, that doesn't really say much without full terminal log :)
    Have you tried pushing from command line?

• ah, well, that doesn't really say much without full terminal log :)
    Have you tried pushing from command line?

Okay, i found out what my problem was. Git says that "index.lock" found while it shouldn't be, i deleted that "index.lock" and now I can commit :)

Weelll, that is a big commit, isn't it?
    https://github.com/mak326428/L…4e976e52b8431778186235c2f

8102 lines of code. OH MAN!

BTW, my addon is over 20000 lines of code!
    https://github.com/mak326428/L…orage/graphs/contributors

• it even disallowed local commits? Weird, I've used git every day at work for almost 3 years and have never seen such problems.

Also, why are you including API files in .jar? There is no need for that and it can break things.

• Hello,
    I am currently working on a modpack forge and I would like to know if I could make it public.
    My modpack included these mods you're the creator:
    - Level Storage

Thank you to answer me as soon as possible,
    Xelion

• Hello,
    I am currently working on a modpack forge and I would like to know if I could make it public.
    My modpack included these mods you're the creator:
    - Level Storage

Thank you to answer me as soon as possible,
    Xelion

Yes, you're allowed to use this addon in your modpack. (like everybody else if he/she wants to)
    Although I'd recommend you to wait a bit because (like always) I have lots of stuff coming in new version.