Mark I 2.6 Efficient 65EU/t

• I might be doing my math wrong. I suck at this. I tried posting already once, but I screwed up the screenshot pretty bad.

This should create less heat than it's cooling capacity AND run at 65EU/t.

It's got the 26 blocks of water around it, and 6 chambers.

I'm fairly sure my math is right, but most people on this forum have so far gotten excited about like 2.1 efficiency configurations that don't generate as much energy as this one. Am I completely wrong here? Please help me out. I don't want to run this on my MP server only to log in one day with a blown up house.

Edit: Wrong Screenshot.

• Well I am counting 48 heat plus 50 right to hull from the middle one.

except for the middle one each U-cell is pulsing twice pushing two heat to its 3 components so 12 heat per cell, middle is pulsing 5 times for a total of 50 heat to hull.

Cooling would be
    1 reactor
    12 chambers
    20 water (only the 3x3 of the reactor not the chambers.
    30 cooling cells

so a total of 63 cooling, and a total of 98 heat, also your pushing so much heat into your cooling cells next to your u-cells I think they will burn up before the full cycle is up.

• I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers. Can you explain a little more?

Heat:
    Middle Uranium has no surrounding coolant and 4 surrounding Uranium. That's 5 ticks of 10 heat directly to the hull. (50-hull)
    50 to the hull from middle.
    4xsurrounding uranium have 1 adjacent uranium each for 2 ticks each with 3 surrounding cooling elements each for 2xheat/t @ 4 heat each/t total (16)

1 reactor. (AFAIK this cools 1/t)
    6 Chambers (don't think you can have 12. 1 top, 1 bottom, 4 NSEW) 2xCooling each (12)
    The 3x3x3 around the middle block (the reactor) is 27 blocks minus 6 for the chambers = 21 cooling from water tiles.
    34 Outer cooling.

15xHD's = 25 heat pulled from the hull EACH/t. More than enough to cover the 50/t from the middle. In addition the coolants around the outer uranium cells have HD's each around them for 6 heat/t absorption capability each. Since each of the outer uranium only produce 4 heat/t this should be enough to absorb all the heat from the uranium and distribute it. No one Coolant is without a HD next to it, so heat should be distrubuted among the system 100% evenly.

30x Coolants for 30/t cooling

34 outer + 30 inner = 64 cooling

So if this is all right, then I'm still wrong about this being perfect, but it's 2 heat extra per tick.

I think I can correct this. EXACTLY 2 more cooling using this ASSUMING my math is right:

• i'll sum up you heat and cooling for you

cooling
    -1 for reactor
    -12 for 6 chambers
    -20 (water cooling) 27-reactor-6chambers
    -31 cooling cells
    total cooling: -64/t

heating:
    1 rod * 5 ticks * 10heat to hull= +50/t
    4 rods * 2 ticks each * 3 sides each * 2 heat to each side = +48/t
    total heat : 98

total net gain/loss: +35/t

your generator should make it to approximately tick 12850 before collapsing;

• Thanks! I ended up figuring this out about a couple minutes before you posted it. I was calculating for the u-cells giving heat singularly per tick not for the coolants around them absorbing it. Duh! Also I forgot about the reactor in my water cooling math.

How many ticks in a second and how many ticks is one uranium cell capable of lasting?

• Uranium rods last 200,000 ticks, or 8 mine craft days, or 160 minutes.
    there are 25,000 ticks in a mine craft 24-hour day cycle.
    1250 ticks in a real-time minute .

• Uranium rods last 200,000 ticks, or 8 mine craft days, or 160 minutes.
    there are 25,000 ticks in a mine craft 24-hour day cycle.
    1250 ticks in a real-time minute .

Then something funky is going on. I placed 5 fresh u-cells in that configuration and brought up my inventory and left for 6 hours. I came back to 1 near-depleted uraniumcell left and still alive. No explosion. No death. I agree with your math though. Why didn't I died? Code buggy?

• What about the "lifebars" of your coolant elements ? Are they all green ?

They were by the time I returned home but that was 6ish hours or more later. I will do another trial some time when it's not 4:30 in the morning. I'll check it every couple minutes. 1250=1 day then this configuration be noticeably heated in 10 minutes. I'll let you know. What I need is is a good energy yield configuration that would last the life of my u-cells and output good energy even if it's not completely heat free.

• Your reactor is Mark II-1 C

Ashenwolf calculates heat correctly. But using time-unit "ticks" isn't good, because Game has 20ticks per second, but "reactor" recalculates heat only 1x per second. Mixing game ticks and reactor ticks is bad. Much better is use for reactor time-unit: seconds.
    Uranium cell lifetime is 10000 "reactor ticks" (or 200000 game ticks) = 10000s

Your reactor has +35 heat/sec.
    After full uranium cycle he accumulates 35*10000 heat and distributes between 1x hull, 14x HD, 30x coolant cell = 45 elements
    35*10000/45 = 7777 heat in each coolant cell, HD and hull. Then needs cooldown before next cycle.

• Your reactor is Mark II-1 C

Ashenwolf calculates heat correctly. But using time-unit "ticks" isn't good, because Game has 20ticks per second, but "reactor" recalculates heat only 1x per second. Mixing game ticks and reactor ticks is bad. Much better is use for reactor time-unit: seconds.
    Uranium cell lifetime is 10000 "reactor ticks" (or 200000 game ticks) = 10000s

Your reactor has +35 heat/sec.
    After full uranium cycle he accumulates 35*10000 heat and distributes between 1x hull, 14x HD, 30x coolant cell = 45 elements
    35*10000/45 = 7777 heat in each coolant cell, HD and hull. Then needs cooldown before next cycle.

Would this make a good breeder then? I could use the configuration I have to heat it up to 7777 while getting good power out of it, and then I could hopefully figure out 2 coolant cells to take out and put 1 u-cell in the middle with 4 surrounding it right?

How much does one lava bucket heat up the system? Should I put some in near the endo f the cycle to push it to 9000?

• Would this make a good breeder then? I could use the configuration I have to heat it up to 7777 while getting good power out of it, and then I could hopefully figure out 2 coolant cells to take out and put 1 u-cell in the middle with 4 surrounding it right?

How much does one lava bucket heat up the system? Should I put some in near the endo f the cycle to push it to 9000?

Not really useable for breeding in that configuration, but here's what would need changing to make it a breeder:

1. it has no reactor plates, so this reactor would be spawning lava at 9k heat. Add some.
    2. Reactor is water cooled, so long before it spawned lava, all of your water would evaporate. Either put in enough reactor plates to prevent water evaporation at 9k heat, or make it air cooled.
    3. Removing the center U-cell takes out +50 heat and replaces it with a constant +1 h/t. So your total heat would now be -14 h/t. To make a perfect breeder you need to get that to 0 h/t either by switching to air cooled, and/or swapping out cooling cells for reactor plates. Just be sure to keep your reactor plates disconnected from your heat/cooling loop. There's no point in damaging them too.

Your questions answered:
    One bucket of lava provides 2k heat. Problem is that with HD's, that 2k heat gets spread out to all of your cooling cells.