MC 1.5.2/IC 117.921 High Cpu in Idle through Windmills

• I've updated my little server to 1.5.2 with newest IC2 beta. After that i have a high cpu usage around 25% without any player. Therefore the server lags a lot, when we play. I have every ~25 Seconds the message:"Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?".

The old server has only 8-9% usage without players without this message every ~25 seconds. So we searched what caused this problems. When wie destroy our windmills(around 5880), then we have no lags and the cpu drops down to 9%.

Is that a bug or my fault? Did i make a mistake during installation process?

My Mods:
    Forge 1.5.2-7.8.1.737
    Industrialcraft-2_1.117.921

Buildcraft-A-3.7.1

Industrialcraft2comboarmors-1.14.2

PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.6-107

PowerConverters-2.3.1-58

ModularForcefieldSystem-2.3.0.1.15

immibis-core-55.1.6

adv-repulsion-systems-55.1.4

chargepads-1.5.2-universal-2.7.1.89

I can delete all of them instead of IC and the problem persist.

My server specs:
    Intel Core I5-3470
    16GB DDR3 Ram
    Windows Server 2012 Essentials
    Minecraft Server on ramdisk

Any suggestions?

• Official Post

5880 windmills? Probably them checking if there's stuff around them and randomly changing output. That'd probably do it

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Glad to see someone (maybe) used my tower setups.

I'm NOT a coder or anything, so :

Hypothesis 1 :
    Well, the problem is (in my opinion), as i've tested windmills on 1.5.2, that they are a bit buggy.
    My tests showed generation values up to 3 EU/t at max, no matter which height.
    The generation value were LOWER at higher heights (being 0 or close to it), if compared to windmills at lower heights.
    I did post that bug on bugtracker, but nobody took a look over it.

Hypothesis 1,5 :
    I'm also sure that massive amounts of tileentities (which nearly all mod blocks are) causes server (and sometimes client) lag.
    This, together with Hypothesis 1 (buggy code) may be the cause.

You can try updating to 1.6.2 and see what happens.
    If you need so much energy, you can try GregTech, it offer several energy generation methods, including fusion reactors, however be prepared to config it, to satisfy your gaming needs, as it DOES nerf TONS of stuff.

You can use Compact Windmills to reduce the lag. [Turn useIC2stuff off you don't want them to require rotors]

• Official Post

Is the Energy Net fixed for 1.6.2 yet?

Currently, i'm not sure. Thunderdark and Player are working to release a stable IC² for 1.6.2 (with a bugfree E-net).
    I still recommend you to try compact windmills, when the stable IC² for 1.6.2 gets released.

• Thx for your help. A friend build the windmills, i think he saw them in this forum.

I tried compact windmills and what happened you can read here . I hope this is a configuration or installation problem. Compact Windmills looks very nice.

May ill try a 1.6.2 client tomorrow or this weekend. And ill give GregTech a look, we prefer set and forget energy, i hope gregtech has something for us :)

• I think your friend got that setup from me then (the link is on my signature).

I'm the friend of dracultepes who built these towers. You're right, I saw that setup in the thread you linked and built it because you've done a good howto and explained how it works so precisely :) It was a good decision since our old tower-setup used much more space, so we weren't able to produce the amount of energy we needed ;) Thanks for this great setup :) It worked like a charme until we updated to MC 1.5.2/IC 117.921...