[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] luacs1998's IC2 Addons - Compact watermills, anyone?

• Official Post

That is as exploitive as making permanent day for solar panels using beds or mystcraft ages.
    Rain is also harder to make.

If you use my second idea (aka making watermill river biome dependant) it would work good.
    Rain and thunderstorms could cause bonus generation as it does increase a river's current.

• That is as exploitive as making permanent day for solar panels using beds or mystcraft ages.
    Rain is also harder to make.

If you use my second idea (aka making watermill river biome dependant) it would work good.
    Rain and thunderstorms could cause bonus generation as it does increase a river's current.

river, extreme hills, (maybe a few of the new ones, like the ravine) and have a "reservoir" requirement above it to combat any attempts to exploit it, say the HV one requires (LxWxH) 15x15x40 pool of water above it, power level adjusting for the "water level" as you fill it up.
    and yes I know that water can be exploited but so what. If you get technical about it, any other mod like UE and its fusion reactor can be made to have an easy power gen, especially if they go with an easy method of using antimatter for power gen.

• Add multiblock raintanks which collect "rainwater" and make only THAT water pumpable in the watermill.

Problem is it takes hundreds if not thousands of square kilometers of land area to feed a single river enough to make sense to dam it and tap for energy.

• Yup, but you can make a cheap MB structure that just increase a number (its size) which makes a tiny input of water. Then add a *2 multiplicator for Thunderstorms, and some bonus in River Biomes (like a part of the tank is in a river biome = + 2000 mB/t) or jungle [tropical climate].

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I assume this mod is not yet working with the experimental builds?
    I get crashes when placing the lv water mill, such as:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
    at ic2.core.energy.Grid.prepareCalculation(Grid.java:183)
    at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetLocal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetLocal.java:286)
    at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetGlobal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetGlobal.java:46)
    at ic2.core.IC2.tickEnd(IC2.java:1614)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:675)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:585)
    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)

• well yes it`s not for experimental ic2
    it sees clearly for ic2 1.118 if

• I have updated the mod to the IC2 experimental API, and made a few mechanic changes (namely, combining options 1 and 3 of the poll)
    https://bitbucket.org/luacs199…a2ada6955a1dddb3e1bd6bcb6 <- temp change log
    There is a 25% bonus power output if the water mill is in a river biome (not frozen river)
    See the OP for downloads.

For those who want the rainwater powered mechanic, I will implement it separately.

• hm ? this style must be , when i want maxiumum energy have ? this is medium water mill, place with water have 15x15 blocks, in center is water mill medium

• Official Post

hm ? this style must be , when i want maxiumum energy have ? this is medium water mill, place with water have 15x15 blocks, in center is water mill medium

You are forgetting that the detection code for water is actually a cuboid (X, Y , Z)

• Official Post

all block must be water source ?

If he used IC² code, both flowing and source blocks are valid.
    [Just make a big pool above the watermill (enough to cover the amount of blocks needed for watermill calculation) and release it, then put cables.]

• If he used IC² code, both flowing and source blocks are valid.
    [Just make a big pool above the watermill (enough to cover the amount of blocks needed for watermill calculation) and release it, then put cables.]

hm ? this is must be 15x15x15 ? water ? (so i use buildcraft new block flood gate) but cable i must add , hm when eu rader release :D

• Clicking the download of the experimental build downloads stable version instead, please fix it.

Other than that, great mod! I'm looking forward to adding it on my test server and testing it with my friends :)

Real links:

https://bitbucket.org/luacs199…acs1998core-162-1.0.6.zip

https://bitbucket.org/luacs199…/cwm-162-ic2exp-0.6.1.zip

Edit: There's something wrong with the link to the core too, i'll add it here :)