[1.6.4] Hard GregTech server

• oh thanks, I broke it and placed it again and it worked. So it takes about 2.7 hours to create one B of UUM, which means it will take 4.7 IRL days to make enough UUM for one iridium, and on top of that the additional time to replicate it. Kind of wish i wouldn't have even bothered making the mass fab rig.

• Is it too late to ask if you could add Railcraft? Perhaps with the rolling machine disabled? I'd love to join this server, though I hate the vanilla minecart system...

• How is activity on this server going? I found no evidence of civilization near spawn, so I presume everyone lone-wolfed it to the middle of nowhere.

edit: Also, I noticed that the Scoop doesn't break bee hives. Is this intentional?

• How is activity on this server going? I found no evidence of civilization near spawn, so I presume everyone lone-wolfed it to the middle of nowhere.

edit: Also, I noticed that the Scoop doesn't break bee hives. Is this intentional?

The scoop not working is a consequence of forestry not setting the tool for hives to be the scoop.
    Which means in adventure mode, you can't break hives with the scoop, only a mining laser.

• All previous + present terrain gen matches the same versions that distribute ore the way this page says it does, right?

Oh, found some tetrahedrite, looks like it does match. I saw some jagged chunk edges on my way out here, though. Would that by chance have caused any ore to spawn in what are now biomes that shouldn't have that ore?

• ^The server used to have the Highlands mod, which spawns ores differently in the unique biomes. Well Highlands didn't update to 1.6.2 fast enough so it got the boot. Chunks that were already generated are kind of messy. I would suggest heading away from (0,0)

• Looking through craftable things, it looks maybe like the intent of having Forestry installed is *only* for tree breeding and nothing else, right?

Other than aesthetics, do bred trees do anything without squeezers or fermenters?

• Official Post

Looking through craftable things, it looks maybe like the intent of having Forestry installed is *only* for tree breeding and nothing else, right?

Other than aesthetics, do bred trees do anything without squeezers or fermenters?

Wood farming?

• Any updates on the horizon? Looks like the server has gone a few weeks without.

Also, I hadn't realized that NEI just wasn't working for many Forestry items without NEI Plugins. It looks like those MJ producers and the like ARE craftable, so I take back my (in hindsight) silly question about Forestry only being installed for tree breeding.