[Addon v2.0.367+?] (Minecraft 1.6.2/4) Transformer Converters Development Thread

• Why not? Everyone knows everyone else wants emerald and obsidian tools. Some want glowstone too. Mekanism is basically a mod answering those requests, except emerald.

if only there was a way to make glowstone stuff glow. that would be awesome to not need torches all over the place to see.

• So, what should I start on first? Gui's or actually make the re-made engines? What do you guys want my highest priority to be?

whatever it takes to get it working, the GUI's can come later if it is possible to use the mod without them
    the one that needs the GUI the most is the adjustable, but that can come later if....aw darnit. your changing the block ID's so I'm going to lose all my engines when I update....oh well....

• whatever it takes to get it working, the GUI's can come later if it is possible to use the mod without them
    the one that needs the GUI the most is the adjustable, but that can come later if....aw darnit. your changing the block ID's so I'm going to lose all my engines when I update....oh well....

Cheat them back in. :P I will never set the new engines to the old ids. The old ones were pretty bad... But seriously, what do you want my highest priority to be?

• Cheat them back in. :P I will never set the new engines to the old ids. The old ones were pretty bad... But seriously, what do you want my highest priority to be?

eh, I know it happens when mods update, and I just might.
    get the mod working without GUI's, only the adjustable engine is really hampered by the lack of a GUI.

• Done with making the engines appear... Had to slightly modify the RenderEngine class in buildcraft to get it working... Also, the custom does show. But the only problem with it right now is that the names don't work and the actual functionality doesn't work also. It doesn't transfer power is what that means...

• Official Post

Fancy, if a tad useless :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No, not really. The only thing I changed was the render engine class... It kept returning tilengine (bc engines), and I had to make it return my custom engines instead. So, I don't really know yet. But, what I will do is find another method to do somethings for... (Like the custom pipe texture method....)

EDIT: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/MMPL-1.0.txt

4. Modification rights
    ----------------------

The user has the right to decompile the source code, look at either the
    decompiled version or the original source code, and to modify it.

5. Derivation rights
    --------------------

The user has the rights to derive code from this mod, that is to say to
    write code that extends or instanciate the mod classes or interfaces, refer to
    its objects, or calls its functions. This code is known as "derived" code, and
    can be licensed under a license different from this mod.

6. Distribution of original or modified copy rights
    ---------------------------------------------------

Is subject to distribution rights this entire mod in its various forms. This
    include:
    - original binary or source forms of this mod files
    - modified versions of these binaries or source files, as well as binaries
    resulting from source modifications
    - patch to its source or binary files
    - any copy of a portion of its binary source files

The user is allowed to redistribute this mod partially, in totality, or
    included in a distribution.

When distributing binary files, the user must provide means to obtain its
    entire set of sources or modified sources at no costs.

All distributions of this mod must remain licensed under the MMPL.

All dependencies that this mod have on other mods or classes must be licensed
    under conditions comparable to this version of MMPL, with the exception of the
    Minecraft code and the mod loading framework (e.g. ModLoader, ModLoaderMP or
    Bukkit).

Modified version of binaries and sources, as well as files containing sections
    copied from this mod, should be distributed under the terms of the present
    license."

• are you having to modify any BC byte code functions via core mod to make these work? that is what I'm asking. The people at BC don't like that, it is the reason they aren't supporting MFR and powercrystals power converters any more. the mod author is intentionally modifying BC byte code functions via a core mod and the BC devs don't like it and will refuse to assist anyone with problems with those two mods.
    If this isn't doing that then it is fine.
    I wish my textures were better....I have no idea why it is doing that...it shouldn't be so gradient with the colors....though being my first texture for a non-standard block it is bound to have a few problems.

• Official Post

If something's open source, then you should be allowed to adjust it to fit your purpose. As long as it doesn't break anything else, I can't see what's wrong :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• If something's open source, then you should be allowed to adjust it to fit your purpose. As long as it doesn't break anything else, I can't see what's wrong :P

the BC team no longer supports those two mods because the mods were modifying the BC base code. I don't want this mod to go that way. I have no idea if modifying the class counts.
    I think what those mods were doing was trying to get rid of the power perdition in the engines/converters. We can get around that with some fancy math that compensates for that loss to keep the conversion rate at 5:2 (or close enough to it that it isn't noticeable except at extreme power levels)

• are you having to modify any BC byte code functions via core mod to make these work? that is what I'm asking. The people at BC don't like that, it is the reason they aren't supporting MFR and powercrystals power converters any more. the mod author is intentionally modifying BC byte code functions via a core mod and the BC devs don't like it and will refuse to assist anyone with problems with those two mods.
    If this isn't doing that then it is fine.
    I wish my textures were better....I have no idea why it is doing that...it shouldn't be so gradient with the colors....though being my first texture for a non-standard block it is bound to have a few problems.

Like this?

Also, I'm gonna stop coding for now. I just spent about two hours working on guis... I got the code in. But, the engines won't respond to the gui. And no, I am not edit the buildcraft code using a core function.

• Like this?

Also, I'm gonna stop coding for now. I just spent about two hours working on guis... I got the code in. But, the engines won't respond to the gui. And no, I am not edit the buildcraft code using a core function.

MUCH better. though it should be like the wooden pipe with the red stripes being a constant hue, and it should be just black and yellow where it was wooden (brown) on the stock BC pipe.
    I'm glad to hear that you aren't modifying BC code to make these work.
    nice work!

• Official Post

Gonna be late for class so don't mind me...

2 slots, WHAT COULD THEY BE FOR?

I see this too much.