[Addon v2.0.367+?] (Minecraft 1.6.2/4) Transformer Converters Development Thread

• Very much so, the other pipe is so outdated its not really worth much anymore. The you can only have so much power is completely limiting and annoying. From what I've seen you are the first to bother getting us out of this phase of stone age. This imposed limit is really kinda wrecking the fun of the game for me, you have a chance of restoring that. In the end, I guess it depends on what you get out of it, is it worth it for you, then by all means bring it back to life. If not, well, it would be sad to see it die like other mods have. No matter what I say though, it's what you decide that matters. Quite simply, you dared to push boundaries, everyone else seems to think, oh well, it's good enough to stay with limited power.... BORING. We could do so much more with things if we had a higher bracket to work in.

Personally, I'm tired of being so limited in what I can do, I want more power so that I can set up 1 generating system instead of 50. It's just no fun that way.

• Very much so, the other pipe is so outdated its not really worth much anymore. The you can only have so much power is completely limiting and annoying. From what I've seen you are the first to bother getting us out of this phase of stone age. This imposed limit is really kinda wrecking the fun of the game for me, you have a chance of restoring that. In the end, I guess it depends on what you get out of it, is it worth it for you, then by all means bring it back to life. If not, well, it would be sad to see it die like other mods have. No matter what I say though, it's what you decide that matters. Quite simply, you dared to push boundaries, everyone else seems to think, oh well, it's good enough to stay with limited power.... BORING. We could do so much more with things if we had a higher bracket to work in.

Personally, I'm tired of being so limited in what I can do, I want more power so that I can set up 1 generating system instead of 50. It's just no fun that way.

Actually, your message before is my inspiration for remaking this mod. :) I'll maybe add some more features in the future. Are there any features you would like implemented? :D

• Actually, yes, now that you mention it. Although I'm not sure how complicated it would be or even if it's possible but I have noticed that there are no machines/mods/etc that can deforest an area. I usually have to run around with an axe or torch and take the trees out individually.... really boring. The filler in buildcraft can remove trees, except it also removes the ground which isn't what I want done. Right now I'm mainly sticking with minecraft 1.6.4 due to the fact that a couple of mods I really want in never went beyond that version and some weren't even created until after 1.6.4 which does me no good either. So a deforesting machine would be nice.

As far as engines go, I really like the ones you have, they are quite nice and are still very usable in the current mod, no problems with the graphics there, it just seems to be the pipe. So you fix that pipe and it'll be set so you can work on adding, changing, whatever you feel like doing to it beyond that.

Not sure if this is really worth an idea, but what about pipes that are adjustable to how much load they can handle, even some that no matter the distance, if they're insulated with a special and maybe somewhat expensive sheathe or coating that prevents power loss over long distances? I know some of the pipes in bc and ic are capable of carrying larger loads, but they lose a lot of power over certain distances. In my opinion, adjustable and protected cables would be highly valuable and extremely sought after. I for instance cover large distances and having power to extend over that would be ideal. Tried the teleport pipes for part of that theory, fail, only good for about 150 yards. Not far enough and if I tried to cover that distance with regular pipes, they lose a lot of power, so again I have to create more generators.

I'm sure I can come up with more, I'll post them as I come up with them. Glad you're inspired again, I love this mod and you're so close to having it work perfectly.

• You know, I actually don't know if I could make the pipes have no power loss. :\ But, I'll try when I get enough supporters. ;) I'd rather not waste my time doing something that no-one wants me to do.

• um, BC pipes haven't had a power loss since 1.5 I think
    and in 1.6.4 IC2 cables don't have any loss or explode if over powered. That wasn't added back in till 1.7.2 somewhere (maybe)
    if you are talking about the teleport pipes from additional BC pipes, those have a configurable loss and I set that to 0 (well 100% transmission rate in the config), I'm using them to telelport power over 2km with no issues.

• um, BC pipes haven't had a power loss since 1.5 I think
    and in 1.6.4 IC2 cables don't have any loss or explode if over powered. That wasn't added back in till 1.7.2 somewhere (maybe)
    if you are talking about the teleport pipes from additional BC pipes, those have a configurable loss and I set that to 0 (well 100% transmission rate in the config), I'm using them to telelport power over 2km with no issues.

Oh, that's what you were talking about. Oops. D: Well, I'll try to in any-case. :D

• Weird, I was using the teleport pipes in 1.6.4 and they don't work beyond 150 blocks. I tried various alterations, changes, etc, always ended the same way, once you hit 151 they stop working. Even tried setting 1 at 140, then extending it a bit with some diamond kinesis pipes, stuck in another teleport pipe at the end of that, ran it to 151 and nothing, no power was getting through. So I gave up on that mod, seeing as how it hasn't been really updated lately and I had to use an older version of bc like 4.1.0 and when they didn't work, I just dropped em and upgraded again to bc 4.2.2. That's when I started realizing I was going to have to move to a new location, setup generators all over again to get the power I needed. Which doesn't really work out either as the old wooden pipes only allow so much power. So it's been go here, build a new power station, supply power, move to a new location, rinse, repeat. I got tired of using tons of engines, so I swapped to energy conversion but still limited by those ancient wooden pipes. Then I saw this mod with the nice engines, got the necessary amount of input down to only a few engines instead of like 60 stirling engines, but I'm still limited by the output from those wooden pipes that need a serious upgrade. So yes, I managed to work around the shortcomings of the teleport pipes and now setting up a new power plant takes 5 minutes max instead of 20 minutes. So I consider that some progress. Still extremely limited on the output though, which is why I really liked this mod, the engines are easier to use, quicker to setup, and the pipe, would've been a nice addition. So I don't care about the teleport pipes anymore, too much work to try and get them to work right because they haven't been upgraded lately.

My only problem is still the output, which this is the only mod I've found that could address that problem. So I'm hoping that this one can be made to work and I can finish each section in minutes instead of half an hour due to the lack of energy on the old pipes. Kinda gets... you know, repetitious and boring when you have to wait half an hour for it to finish mining/excavating cause you can only supply so much power. I mean power, with the engines in this mod, so not a problem anymore, getting the power to where I need though, huge problem still.

• Weird, I was using the teleport pipes in 1.6.4 and they don't work beyond 150 blocks. I tried various alterations, changes, etc, always ended the same way, once you hit 151 they stop working. Even tried setting 1 at 140, then extending it a bit with some diamond kinesis pipes, stuck in another teleport pipe at the end of that, ran it to 151 and nothing, no power was getting through. So I gave up on that mod, seeing as how it hasn't been really updated lately and I had to use an older version of bc like 4.1.0 and when they didn't work, I just dropped em and upgraded again to bc 4.2.2. That's when I started realizing I was going to have to move to a new location, setup generators all over again to get the power I needed. Which doesn't really work out either as the old wooden pipes only allow so much power. So it's been go here, build a new power station, supply power, move to a new location, rinse, repeat. I got tired of using tons of engines, so I swapped to energy conversion but still limited by those ancient wooden pipes. Then I saw this mod with the nice engines, got the necessary amount of input down to only a few engines instead of like 60 stirling engines, but I'm still limited by the output from those wooden pipes that need a serious upgrade. So yes, I managed to work around the shortcomings of the teleport pipes and now setting up a new power plant takes 5 minutes max instead of 20 minutes. So I consider that some progress. Still extremely limited on the output though, which is why I really liked this mod, the engines are easier to use, quicker to setup, and the pipe, would've been a nice addition. So I don't care about the teleport pipes anymore, too much work to try and get them to work right because they haven't been upgraded lately.

My only problem is still the output, which this is the only mod I've found that could address that problem. So I'm hoping that this one can be made to work and I can finish each section in minutes instead of half an hour due to the lack of energy on the old pipes. Kinda gets... you know, repetitious and boring when you have to wait half an hour for it to finish mining/excavating cause you can only supply so much power. I mean power, with the engines in this mod, so not a problem anymore, getting the power to where I need though, huge problem still.

I'm kinda re-writing the mod currently, so I can't really do much about this, sorry. It is nice though, that you support me, even when others have left me. ;)

Off-topic

• All mods are the extension of the creator, in my opinion, it is something that someone has taken the time to create, to push boundaries, push limits, create something out of nothing. That says something about the creator and everyone should be supported in their creative endeavors. Much like Michelangelo, Da Vinci, and many other artists, if they hadn't been supported in one way or another, then we as a whole would be a lot poorer for it. Certain buildings would never have been painted, certain paintings would never have been created in the first place. Mods allow us to do things we normally couldn't do. In the end it doesn't really matter how many support you, all that matters is that you are supported, whether by 1, by a few or by many.

This is a good mod. So like other modders, get it to work, announce it, and maybe it too will take off like buildcraft, industrial craft, single player commands, and many other mods that hit it big, and the more popular the mod becomes, the more supporters will make their voices known.

For instance, if Da Vinci hadn't been supported by his mentor Verrocchio, then his art work would never have existed. Sometimes all you need is one supporter, and from what I've seen on the boards, you have more than 1 supporter. Just remember, even the greats started off with little or no support.

• All mods are the extension of the creator, in my opinion, it is something that someone has taken the time to create, to push boundaries, push limits, create something out of nothing. That says something about the creator and everyone should be supported in their creative endeavors. Much like Michelangelo, Da Vinci, and many other artists, if they hadn't been supported in one way or another, then we as a whole would be a lot poorer for it. Certain buildings would never have been painted, certain paintings would never have been created in the first place. Mods allow us to do things we normally couldn't do. In the end it doesn't really matter how many support you, all that matters is that you are supported, whether by 1, by a few or by many.

This is a good mod. So like other modders, get it to work, announce it, and maybe it too will take off like buildcraft, industrial craft, single player commands, and many other mods that hit it big, and the more popular the mod becomes, the more supporters will make their voices known.

For instance, if Da Vinci hadn't been supported by his mentor Verrocchio, then his art work would never have existed. Sometimes all you need is one supporter, and from what I've seen on the boards, you have more than 1 supporter. Just remember, even the greats started off with little or no support.

You are correct. I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate, unfortunately my 'father' is an ass-hat, and decided to piss everyone off. And, all those who supported me, they've all left me because of my immature behavior from a long time ago. I don't blame them, I did(/do?) have a immature behavior, and plan to fix that very soon. On-topic of course, I will try to stay up late tonight to work on this mod, since, before as I said, my father is an ass-hat, and only roams the world in the morning, and after-noon. Meaning he won't bother me in the night.

um, you using the telelport pipes from this mod?
    cause I'm using that one as well as BC 4.2.2
    try deleting your config for that mod, and set the transmission rate to 100%, and see if that doesn't fix your problem
    word of warning though, don't put pipe plugs on the teleport pipes, it throws an NPE error that thankfully doesn't corrupt a map, just causes a crash.

and I use Resonant Induction, Rail craft, and forestry for power. IF the HV power pipe worked I'd be able to just pull power straight from the RI turbine on top of the RC boiler and not have to use RI batteries as the power converter. ONE small RI turbine is enough to power more than 40 stills from Forestry (5 MJ/t each), and a 36HP boiler from RC can power a 3x3 large turbine which is more than 9x the power of a small one.
    the tesla coils don't work well for power teleportation unfort, though they do look wicked cool.

• Off Topic.

Been there, done that, only for me, it was both parents. Definitely know where you're coming from. Been a lot better person since I got away from them and changed my attitude. Just occurred one day that just because my parents were major flaming jerks that I didn't have the right to inflict that on others. Changed my attitude and have been a lot happier since.

On Topic.

Just occurred to me, what about lights? I mean, we're running around doing this and that sometimes in the dark, underground and I'm tired of carrying like 50 billion torches with me. What if the engines lit up when their on? You know, brightened the area, or maybe the pipe, carrying all that power, maybe it would light up, or maybe just a little block that emits a lot of light when its got power being poured into it. Just a random thought. Not sure it's a good idea or not.

• Yes, that's the mod I was using. Didn't try deleting the config though, just never seemed to work. Not sure if it'll work now, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Well, I'll be, it works, even tested across 2 maps and it works. That leaves only one problem, power output. Thanks for telling me how to fix that problem. Now I only need 1 station.

• Official Post

I still support you too :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Honestly, I hate my father (he basically ruined my childhood, my neices, and nephew). I like my mother however, she's quite nice most times.

That sounds like a good idea, but I might not be able do that in my 'modding' powers. D:

I still support you too :P

Thanks. :D

• Well, mine was reverse. Mother was one of the biggest witches ever, with a capital B, she in turn corrupted my father. Best decision I ever made was moving away, and I mean, away, the opposite side of the continent. Now they can't bother me or hassle me. Maybe not the best decision for you, each person should find their own solution that works. Meanwhile, just cause he's a jerk doesn't mean you shouldn't be creative. That's one trait you should never lose, creativity.

• np with the help on the mod. I've found that you sometimes have to delete old config files when major changes happen to mods. PITA when you have to do ID changes/match ID's (I'm looking at you UE/RI/MFFS/ICBM)
    but as far as power goes, Rail Craft combined with forestry (exra bees/trees, magic bees help too) and RI help out a lot.
    even works as a UE-BC power converter, just not as cool as the engines. and not as useful. There's no way to shut off the RI batteries so you can't only pull power for BC stuff as needed, and you can't use batteries to extract stuff at the exact rate you want
    and are you lighting caves up to prevent spawns or just to see? If its just to see you can use night vision goggles or, eventually, quantum helmet to see. If its to prevent spawns, a decent (but expensive) option is MFFS's interdiction matrix and either the anti-spawn field, or the kill hostile field. does take power, but it is an awesome way to setup a mob farm.
    I'm building one that will be 63x63 (for BC obsidian pipe purposes) and several layers, with the damage coming from one interdiction matrix. I'll be using a quarry hole for the outside.

• Well, mine was reverse. Mother was one of the biggest witches ever, with a capital B, she in turn corrupted my father. Best decision I ever made was moving away, and I mean, away, the opposite side of the continent. Now they can't bother me or hassle me. Maybe not the best decision for you, each person should find their own solution that works. Meanwhile, just cause he's a jerk doesn't mean you shouldn't be creative. That's one trait you should never lose, creativity.

Honestly, I don't think I will move half of a continent away from my parents. Even if I do hate one of them, I don't think I will ever abandon my mother with that idiot of a father. Creativity is not me. ;)

EDIT: I gotta make the my main core file have capes now. I just need to figure it out for myself... (That's how you learn. You do it yourself. Never let anyone else tell you what to do. Especially spoon-feeding easy code.)

• Originally, way back in 1.0.0 I had a mod for lighted obsidian so if creepers showed up and exploded it didn't undo what I was working on since they can't destroy obsidian. Sadly, that mod was never updated and died in the rest in pieces area of no longer used mods. Another mod I had found was one for lava obsidian which generates some light and prevents creeper destruction. It was usable in 1.6.4 but no later, however, I discovered it had a problem. If you managed to get enough resources to get 1 and placed it, then did something... stupid, like... oh, I don't know placed a pipe on top of it, the block vanished as if it never existed and you put the pipe in it's place. So pointless to even use it.

Mainly tho, no, I'm not looking to stop spawns, I want a permanent lighted source that can't be destroyed by creepers, or anything else for that matter. Also to give it that.... you know... artistic approach. Something that looks nice as well and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Lave obsidian looked downright cool, but that was quickly negated when the whole block disappears cause you can't build on it.

Like I said, not sure if it's possible, but it's an idea.