[Addon v2.0.367+?] (Minecraft 1.6.2/4) Transformer Converters Development Thread

• Originally, way back in 1.0.0 I had a mod for lighted obsidian so if creepers showed up and exploded it didn't undo what I was working on since they can't destroy obsidian. Sadly, that mod was never updated and died in the rest in pieces area of no longer used mods. Another mod I had found was one for lava obsidian which generates some light and prevents creeper destruction. It was usable in 1.6.4 but no later, however, I discovered it had a problem. If you managed to get enough resources to get 1 and placed it, then did something... stupid, like... oh, I don't know placed a pipe on top of it, the block vanished as if it never existed and you put the pipe in it's place. So pointless to even use it.

Mainly tho, no, I'm not looking to stop spawns, I want a permanent lighted source that can't be destroyed by creepers, or anything else for that matter. Also to give it that.... you know... artistic approach. Something that looks nice as well and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Lave obsidian looked downright cool, but that was quickly negated when the whole block disappears cause you can't build on it.

Like I said, not sure if it's possible, but it's an idea.

What mod would that be? :D I would like to 'see' what mod it is... ;) So... you want a block that can give off light, and not blow up? Without taking any mj or eu power?

• The original mod for the glowing obsidian was called glowblocks I believe, not completely sure, it was awhile back and I can no longer find the web paged for it.ore. The lava obsidian mod is in the more blocks mod here... http://www.planetminecraft.com…2/download/mirror/155684/ but as I said, any blocks in there could not be built on as they vanished the moment you tried.

Hm, weird. Well, I'll try adding doing somethings later when I wake up from sleeping. :D

• there is a way to make blocks have a higher blast resistance so creepers can't blow it up. IDK what it is called in the code, but I know iron chest's obsidian chest is Nuke proof. So maybe you could look in that mod to see how he does it.
    or even look at the CF and Reinforced stone in IC2 to see how its done
    then you'd just have to copy something like the lamp or Glowstone and up the blast resistance and viola.

• there is a way to make blocks have a higher blast resistance so creepers can't blow it up. IDK what it is called in the code, but I know iron chest's obsidian chest is Nuke proof. So maybe you could look in that mod to see how he does it.
    or even look at the CF and Reinforced stone in IC2 to see how its done
    then you'd just have to copy something like the lamp or Glowstone and up the blast resistance and viola.

It's called 'resistance' in the code. And, the reinforced-stone that was in the old mod, I quit working on since the connected-textures didn't work. Meh. I'll do it later if I want to.

By the way Shadowranger, do you ever sleep? :D

• Sleep? What's that? Oh wait, is that the new luxury item I heard about? Who has time for luxury items these days?

Oops, hit the wrong button, what I was going to say was, there's only so much time in the day to work and do minecraft so my book is filled for the day. I'm supposed to get a day off... what month is it? Well, eventually. I think it's in august.... maybe.

• Sleep? What's that? Oh wait, is that the new luxury item I heard about? Who has time for luxury items these days?

Oops, hit the wrong button, what I was going to say was, there's only so much time in the day to work and do minecraft so my book is filled for the day. I'm supposed to get a day off... what month is it? Well, eventually. I think it's in august.... maybe.

Meh. Sleep is nice. If I didn't have to sleep, I would probably be coding right now.

• Not sure about that, but I do have a lot of determination. Of course, that same determination has been called stubbornness which has gotten me into a bit of trouble now and then. But nothing too serious.

• *sighs* and back to the drawing board.

Apparently, while I was out checking on my excavators, gremlins showed up at my house and built a crater in my house... I mean, where my house used to be.... oi vey.

I'm guessing that reactor didn't work out as planned.

• *sighs* and back to the drawing board.

Apparently, while I was out checking on my excavators, gremlins showed up at my house and built a crater in my house... I mean, where my house used to be.... oi vey.

I'm guessing that reactor didn't work out as planned.

Well that sucks I guess... you know, you made me remember something I had as an idea a long, long time ago... I wonder...

• Wonder is the mother of invention, or so I heard once a long time ago. I still don't know how it exploded, I'm pretty sure the setup was sound and either the force field malfunctioned or I forgot to turn it on..... probably forgot to turn it on. Oh well, repair this or start a new map.... decisions decisions. Of course, if I start a new map that means the limit to power and starting from scratch... not liking that idea. Repairing this giant crater... really not liking that idea either. Rock... hard place... me in the middle. Meh.

• Wonder is the mother of invention, or so I heard once a long time ago. I still don't know how it exploded, I'm pretty sure the setup was sound and either the force field malfunctioned or I forgot to turn it on..... probably forgot to turn it on. Oh well, repair this or start a new map.... decisions decisions. Of course, if I start a new map that means the limit to power and starting from scratch... not liking that idea. Repairing this giant crater... really not liking that idea either. Rock... hard place... me in the middle. Meh.

Relocate? :D

• Official Post

So which mods are you actually working on now, I can't tell.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Nice to see your inspiration shining through. If you need help with java, sadly that's not in my skill set, fraid you'll have to get someone else for that part. Inspiration wise though, I have plenty in that department. Since I actually have the day off, I get to work on my new map... yay me I'm so lucky (cursed). Story of my life, I can inspire others but when I inspire myself things go crazy. Well, at least it keeps life interesting.