[Addon v2.0.367+?] (Minecraft 1.6.2/4) Transformer Converters Development Thread

• Still having issues? Sorry to hear that, cause I just had a thought about what you could put in there but not sure if I should tell you if yer inna angry mood.

I'll tell ya later when I get back and yer calmer.

I'm was calmer, but it was just the fact that my new api methods weren't working. :\ And, feel free to tell me. I personally don't care either way.

• Well, I had a thought of making a universal pipe, you know, one to fit any machine, so we don't have to go thru conversions and annoying garbage like that. Not sure if that can be done, but it was a thought.

The reactor? Not much, I just like building things and the more complicated it is the more interesting it is to me. I build things, that's my passion. Started with lego's, erector set, various other things here and there and moved into construction. Minecraft came out, it was fun just to build things, I don't necessarily have a purpose except to build things that give me a challenge. The reactor is just that... a challenge, so far I've melted down 7 in one way or another, turned animals and myself into ash, I will figure it out, eventually. It's just the fun of it.

• Yeah, a pipe that can work with any other machine from any mod, ic, bc, steamcraft, etc, then you remove the needs of working with so many other pipes, conversion machines to change eu to bc or whatever. A universal pipe. Would seriously ease things up with cross modding.

• Well, you asked for ideas, that popped into my head. I have no idea if it's good or bad, since I know very little about programming. You build mods, I build structures. So.. we have universal conduits, thought maybe that could be done here, guess not. Maybe I should start thinking outside the box.... or just trash the box altogether....

• Well, you asked for ideas, that popped into my head. I have no idea if it's good or bad, since I know very little about programming. You build mods, I build structures. So.. we have universal conduits, thought maybe that could be done here, guess not. Maybe I should start thinking outside the box.... or just trash the box altogether....

Nah, sometimes ideas are great for other things, and some cases, are not. ;)

• what do you mean by universal pipe? will it do items, power, fluids?
    I thought mod authors could make it so pipes can't work with their blocks, like the bee house in forestry. I'm not sure you could make a universal pipe without some hacks.
    I haven't messed with IC2's reactor due to RC's steam boiler being so much easier to use, as well as more powerful if you combine it with Resonant Induction's steam turbines. Due to the lack of an EU reader in 1.6.4, I can't easily tell how much power they produce. Though experimenting with the mass fab makes me believe they are nuts. I'm just glad that overpower explosions were disabled for stock IC2 machines.
    I'd try experimenting with hoppers with the reactor, they might be able to work with pipes. Or even putting a buffer right next to the reactor to lower the reaction time if you are using pipes for emergency cooling.

• Official Post

Due to the lack of an EU reader in 1.6.4, I can't easily tell how much power they produce.

You really need to update to 1.7, it tells you in the GUI :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• by universal I meant, instead of using glass or gold or tin, etc cables in ic and wood, diamond, etc in bc, you make 1 type of cable that everything could use. Makes wiring things a lot easier honestly. Didn't know about the, you can't do that with my machines part of the coding tho. Like I said, it was an idea, I didn't say it was a good one.

As for going up to 1.7.4, no thanks, I'm happy where I am and a couple of the mods I use weren't upgraded to 1.7.4 and don't work.

in 1.6.4. I'm just building the reactor cause it's there to be built, and it's fun seeing if I can make one work without glowing in the dark due to catastrophic failure.

• by universal I meant, instead of using glass or gold or tin, etc cables in ic and wood, diamond, etc in bc, you make 1 type of cable that everything could use. Makes wiring things a lot easier honestly. Didn't know about the, you can't do that with my machines part of the coding tho. Like I said, it was an idea, I didn't say it was a good one.

As for going up to 1.7.4, no thanks, I'm happy where I am and a couple of the mods I use weren't upgraded to 1.7.4 and don't work.

in 1.6.4. I'm just building the reactor cause it's there to be built, and it's fun seeing if I can make one work without glowing in the dark due to catastrophic failure.

You know, that's actually a pretty good idea. I'm sorry if I meant any harm before, I just didn't know the universal pipe would work like this.

• if its power, RI's cables work that way, sorta. they don't always take power from non UE storage/power systems, but they'll power anything. I'm abusing the creative power and superconducting wires to power BC lasers in my creative map.

• No worries, like I said, it was an idea, had no idea if it would work or not or what kind of coding would be required.

That was an awesome explosion... set me back again, but who cares, it was fun. I gotta try that again.

• No worries, like I said, it was an idea, had no idea if it would work or not or what kind of coding would be required.

That was an awesome explosion... set me back again, but who cares, it was fun. I gotta try that again.

I tend to try to not kill ideas, it just makes the person feel unworthy, and unwanted. At-least that's what happens to me.

Lolz, in creative?

• btw, in 1.6.4 the (at least for me) default settings for IC2 the reactor is more powerful than the nuke. strange isn't it
    go creative and make a full size reactor full of quad cells to see how big they can get.
    not quite as big as the antimatter explosive from ICBM, but still cool