Protection against radiation poisoning?

• Hi.
    When dealing with uranium in it's purer form in the experimental builds you get radiation poisoning and die quickly.
    I tried if some armor or protective clothing helps against it but it does not seem to.

How to to handle uranium when feeding a nuclear reactor without dying?

Thanx!

• I've run into this same problem. The suit gives me 10-15 seconds before I'm dead and even if I immediately drop the rod I still get hurt bad.

• I've run into this same problem. The suit gives me 10-15 seconds before I'm dead and even if I immediately drop the rod I still get hurt bad.

READ. The post above you states that:

Can you at least read before you post, especially on a 7-month old thread?

• Hi

It has indeed been seven, now eight months. The problem still doesn't seem to have been solved. I ran into the same problem today.
    I am running Industrialcraft 2 version 2.0.354-experimental, which is the version Direwolf20 uses on his Feed The Beast modpack.
    With a full hazmat suit (with rubber boots and scooba) I still get radiation poisoning when holding uranium.

I don't think my question counts as a necro, does it? It has only been a month. If it is, entschuldige.

• In case someone is still looking for this particular answer: if you are op and have 60 minutes of radiation poisoning and really want to get rid of it without dieing you can use this command to remove it:
    /effect @p clear