Alignment of id, updating server version

• First: regrets for my wry English. Complaints to my grammar are relevant.
    Further. I change version of my minecraft server from 1.2.6 to 1.6.2, and when i start my old map at new server, blocks from IC2 are replaced with emptiness or some blocks from new minecraft versions. Obvivously, in new versions of IC2 identificators were shifted, it's okay. But how i can patch my map, saving industrial work of mine and some players of my server?
    Thanks in advance.

• Open the config file of your old Industrialcraft version. Inside, you can see the IDs used.

Open the config file of your new industrialcraft version. Replace the IDs in the new version with the IDs in the old version.

• Open the config file of your old Industrialcraft version. Inside, you can see the IDs used.
    Open the config file of your new industrialcraft version. Replace the IDs in the new version with the IDs in the old version.

That's wrong solution. Some of old IndustrialCraft IDs are used for blocks in new Minecraft versions. New blocks are important.
    I think i look for utility, that can patch my map - update identificators on it.

• The fact that vanilla Minecraft has gobbled up some previously free (for modding) IDs does not make the suggested approach wrong. It just means that it's impossible to port the world over without losing anything, no matter what you do*. Which, considering the sheer amount of changes in vanilla alone (not to mention Forge and the mods themselves), isn't really surprising. There's at least one, likely multiple world-breaking updates in there that you're hitting all at once.

The best you can hope for is a solution that ports over most things. The suggested approach does that.

* (Of course, if anyone feels able to prove me wrong...)

• open world inside MCedit and fix ID allocation before porting, in this way you will port world without issues.
    but...wtf? you really going to play 1.2.6. world?

So i need to replace main identifiers using MCEdit?
    But whether the blocks will retain all their properties (color, wires inside etc.)?
    And... it'll be long work, because IC have a lot of identifiers... It's curiously, that nobody come up with easy solution.

And yes. My server is still on 1.2.6 and some crazy people are playing on it. I am admin-slowpoke.

• Official Post

still on 1.2.6 and some crazy people are playing on it.

It only ever went up to 1.2.5 "Slowpoke"

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.