Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

Urgh, NEI's API looks a lot more complicated than expected. Well, I think I will implement my fishing station first. (now that my wool dyer is fully working! :D )

Works similar to the MFR Fisher?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Works similar to the MFR Fisher?

Don't know yet how I check my environment for water, but it's about the same. But it won't work with MJ and you'll have to provide it with a fishing rod, a harpoon (made out of iron, has double the durability) or a fishing net (1.5x durability, and you get the fish in large stacks instead of one at a time).
    And a super-duper-hyper-dyper fishing rod made out of expensivezz.

• Official Post

And a super-duper-hyper-dyper fishing rod made out of expensivezz.

Electric? I mean there has to be a way of fully automating it :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Electric? I mean there has to be a way of fully automating it :)

Hm, seems like it'll be:
    Fishing Rod (vanilla rod)
    Electric Fishing Rod (doesn't break, makes it cost double the energy, can also be used outside of the machine if I get that right)
    Harpoon (2x durability)*
    Fishing net (1,5x durability, fishes come in larger stacks)*
    Super Fisher 9000 (carbon fibre rods, titanium reel, diamond string and a titanium hook, makes you basically the god of fishing)

• Official Post

titanium reel, titanium hook

What about non Gregtech users?

I see this too much.

• What about non Gregtech users?

I could just use the same item, but depending on GT being there or not, give it a different name, recipe and icon, so no problem. It'd probably be infused gold then (the material I add).

• Official Post

I could just use the same item, but depending on GT being there or not, give it a different name, recipe and icon, so no problem. It'd probably be infused gold then (the material I add).

Oh OK then :)

I see this too much.

• God dammit, it's hardcoded into Minecraft that a fishhook entity disappears if the item you use is not a vanilla fishing rod =_=
    and i can't do my own fishing entity since it updates a field of the player.

• Official Post

God dammit, it's hardcoded into Minecraft that a fishhook entity disappears if the item you use is not a vanilla fishing rod =_=
    and i can't do my own fishing entity since it updates a field of the player.

DANGIT. There must be a way!

I see this too much.

• Well the only solutions I know would be telling forge that maybe there needs to be a slight change or change the base files myself. The later is not really recommendend, since it could fuck up everything. So, let's use the last solution: Greeeeeg? :D
    But it won't make a difference for my machine though. The electric fishing rod will just not work when right clicked (the super fisher 9000 will most likely have a op, but configurable fish spawning feature :P)

• Official Post

The electric fishing rod will just not work when right clicked

Still consuming energy to do nothing? Seems legit.

I see this too much.

• Still consuming energy to do nothing? Seems legit.

Well if I can't make it work until release, it won't even have a battery, it'll just double energy consumption when it's in the machine, but therefore not break like regular fishing rods.
    EDIT: Maybe we should tone down the private talk a little :P

• Official Post

Well if I can't make it work until release, it won't even have a battery, it'll just double energy consumption when it's in the machine, but therefore not break like regular fishing rods.
    EDIT: Maybe we should tone down the private talk a little :P

Sounds like a good compromise.
    If no one else is posting then it's fine to have a chat about fishing rods. :)

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Insta-tame with the Super Fisher 9000 FTW!

I see this too much.

• Had the feeling like I would get attacked by Slenderman any moment this morning. Fogis not that uncommon around here, but that was as foggy as a cloud! That being quite uncommon anyway, it was really smoggy this evening. I had the feeling like there would be another nuke coming down any moment. Not to mention, smog is really not a problem around here, normally. Well, I am seriously considering to order that gas mask.