Posts by Geggo

But how do cables figure into that? Tin cables only do 32 EU/t, for example. Wouldn't the cable melt off first before the battery box can blow, if you add a 33rd solar panel?

Different, related question: Anyone know if there is still loss over distance? If so, then depending on the setup, 33 solars may not blow up or melt anything after all...

At the moment cables don't melt so you can use tin cables for 2048 EU/t line if you want. (expect that to change though)

Cable loss would affect if it exists still as connecting 33 solars to single bat box would most likely exceed copper cable limits.

I doubt that cable loss exists currently....need to test that though.

I was running a generator to one face of a batbox and 5 solar panels to the top. The batbox never exploded but some of my machines did.

Are you sure the solar cable didn't connect to the output of the bat box?
    (I haven't noticed bat box exceeding it's output rating but should be easy enough to check that.)

I'm still lost on multiple power sources, can we get an explanation on how we should be setting up generator, bat boxes and solar panels without exploding machines

Just add all the power suppliers outputs together and if that number exceeds the 32 EU/t it will blow up a bat box.

So 33 Solar panels connected to bat box (assuming no cable losses occur) will blow up bat box when they start producing. (32 solars are fine)

The only issue with depending on (circuit breakers/ fuses) for safety is that they aren't instantaneous, and cannot protect humans shorting the wires from cardiac arrest or brain damage because they don't always trip quickly enough. Also note that human resistance to AC (really impedance, but that's because the skin acts as a dielectric(making the body behave as a capacitor when subjected to AC)) is only 300-1000 ohms, which means that for 120V the instantaneous current ranges from 400 mA to 120 mA, which is more than enough to cause cardiac arrest, but not nearly enough to guarantee that a breaker trips.

I think you are mixing leakage protection (RCD or ELCB) with circuit breaker / fuse.

Circuit breaker is a fuse that can be reset while RCD will trip if there is small amount of current leaking to the ground.

For example the one in my home will trip if there is 30mA or more leaking to ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_leakage_circuit_breaker
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R…l_current_circuit_breaker

But anyway. Could someone explain to me exactly how the new e-net will work. I guess it still is total bogus and not realistic at all, right? So no more packets? How is energy send now?

At the moment it seems to add all energy producers together, so connecting 2 batboxes to the same line results it becoming 64 EU/t line. (before that would have been 2x32 EU/t line)

Also because of that transformers got nerfed big time, LV transformer now takes 128 EU /t in and outputs 32 EU/t for 4 ticks. (before it would have output all 4 packages in 1 tick).

Since it now works like this Best way to build your grid is to have biggest possible energy storage and use transformer upgrades in machines and run them straight from the main line. (since machines like induction furnace can't use upgrades it will need it's own transformer.)

Schneekey, you are insane :p

The one "flaw" I can see in this design is that most people who play normally will never have enough uranium/plutonium to run even one section of this, much less an entire tower. It just needs so much fuel.

First part I can agree...

But assuming Gregtech is not used you can breed uranium to multiply it by almost 8x. (or if you have set the setting in config)

Each layer of the latter desing needs 32 Quads which is 128 Uranium cells which is only 16 Uranium. (every couple of hours)

And if gregtech is used you should make use of the plutonium since it's a byproduct of processing uranium. (either by using dual cells or by doubling the cooling.)

Ofcourse if you are using breeders you need quite a few of them too...atleast one per layer or something along those lines.

I think there was a "rule" that the breeder had to be auto regulated, and yours isn't. (meaning if fuel runs out or you run out of depleted cells it will cool down)

Also to heat yours up you need to remove the cooling and manually place it back when it's heated up.

In 1.47 water/lava updates caused massive spikes in server tick.

But those were quite short lived (under minute usually). And were always caused by player removing a water/lava source from high up. (in quarry generally)

Just your normal flowing liquid didn't cause any abnormal amount of lag. even if it was high waterfall etc.

You are btw not specifying if your lag is fps lag or high server tick time.

fps lag I had so bad during 1.47 that I had to split my base up in smaller sections that were over 200m apart. (mostly caused by lots of engines)

Using Plutonium cells in reactor doesn't show the time remaining. Probably same goes for Thorium as well but haven't tested yet. (timer stays at 0:00:00)

There was some change in Gregtech while back that affected those cells but can't remember the details.

Uranium cells work normally.

Not sure if It's just my client but using the "Advanced Nano Chestplate" the jetpack sound is not playing when Im using it, in the client console it is spamming "[INFO] [STDOUT] Invalid sound file: JetpackLoop.ogg" I have IC2 installed (Obvs) but I think there could be a bug here :) Hope It can be fixed

Not just your client, just noticed the same log entries repeating. Didn't really notice the lack of sound....

Just updated whole bunch of mods and noticed these in the forge logs.

2013-04-27 11:02:48 [FINEST] [ModularForceFieldSystem] Sending event FMLPostInitializationEvent to mod ModularForceFieldSystem
    2013-04-27 11:02:48 [INFO] [STDERR] WARNING: A Mod attempted to register ForciciumItem very late at the OreDict! Some Functionality may not work as expected!
    2013-04-27 11:02:48 [INFO] [STDERR] WARNING: A Mod attempted to register MonazitOre very late at the OreDict! Some Functionality may not work as expected!
    2013-04-27 11:02:48 [INFO] [STDERR] WARNING: A Mod attempted to register oreMonazit very late at the OreDict! Some Functionality may not work as expected!

It's not the same thing to me, as the Quantum (especially with GT) is so expensive and so useful that it makes you a goal to reach in itself. Modular Powersuit isn't.

You should probably try the mod before you say thing like that...

The recipes are even more expensive then Q-suit ones IF you have gregtech and it has all the abilities of Q-suit and quite a few more.

Yeah, they kinda look like that. I uninstalled Minechem and that seems to have done the trick for me - at least for now. After 3-4 hours of play mobs and so on still look okay. Do you have Minechem installed?

@OP how much copper/tin ingots are we supposed to get from one copper/tin dust? After going through an automated chain using Buildcraft from purifier to crusher to enricher to adv. smelting I get 2 per dust. Using the previous version 5.2.3b2 since I can't live with the block duplication. Is that supposed to be like that or has that been fixed in 5.3?

Haven't tried minechem so that's not it in my case atleast.

Been considering playing with this mod but after installing UE Basic Components and Mekanism (without tools) I get broken entity textures (or something like that). After a while Endermen look like floating black microblocks with occasional purple particles. Had the same problem when I had Metallurgy installed (deleted that long ago). Also the biogenerator (and presumably other blocks too) texture looks broken too. Not at my main computer right now, if I can't make myself understandable I can post pictures tomorrow or so. I don't use HD patcher or whatever it's called and problem occurs with or without Optifine. No item/block id conflicts that I can find. Any ideas?

I don't suppose you mean something similar to what the attached pictures show?

ps. second picture has different types of engines from various other mods.

This seems to happen when activly using/around UE related items and once it happends (starts with first image) scrolling thru nei items makes it look different (second image)

I can play for hours without any issue if I'm nowhere near any UE machinery. (aside from 2 pieces of cable that I purposly left in my main base to show if the problem occurs)

I first got the issue when I installed mekhanism and atomic science (no basic components as I forgot it)

Seems that mekanism 5.2.3b2 doesn't like the latest basic components/atomic science versions.

These being the latest ones atm
    AtomicScience_v0.3.8.153
    BasicComponents_v1.2.6.339

And these I know to be working.
    BasicComponents_v1.2.5.337
    AtomicScience_v0.3.6.144