New stuff on IC2 2.0?

• Yeah,we need to learn how to play with IC2 2.0! Also what about the addons I am using (Nuclear control,compact solars)? Do I need to see if they updated?

yes they will have to update to the new e-net API

• Anything else changed for mass fabricators? Like the mandatory need for scrap?
    In build 137 I ran through at least once to 100% and nothing I could grab came out, just the UI changed to also display some purple rectangle.

Looks like a bug to me.

• Nice to see some bigger changes to the old lady IC2 ...
    Any signs for new textures? That's one part I thought IC2 was falling behind pretty rapidely.

But anyway. Could someone explain to me exactly how the new e-net will work. I guess it still is total bogus and not realistic at all, right? So no more packets? How is energy send now?

Need to make a new version of my EU-loss calculator.

• Hm.
    So the mass fabricator has already changes in them but has not been completed and appears to be not properly usable.
    I guess i'll see if I can find a version which the non-liquid model still works. Unless someone of you knows which version?

• Yes, new textures are being worked on and I'm almost certain most of the older ones will be replaced as well.

• Liquid uu certainly seems interesting - are there ideas on how it shall work?
    Also, I tried older versions I previously installed and even at build 111 the matter generator already had the new logic hat is for now unusable. I did not wish to go lower since without the fix for painters in that build compact wiring becomes impossible (btw: is it intended that when you build a circle in a wire that energy gets lost).

So we'll have to wait using stuff requiring uu matter until the rework has been finished.
    Tracking the developement is adventurous :)

• Anything else changed for mass fabricators? Like the mandatory need for scrap?
    In build 137 I ran through at least once to 100% and nothing I could grab came out, just the UI changed to also display some purple rectangle.

Looks like a bug to me.

It appears you're using Sphax. Open Sphax and remove matter GUI. That should fix it. :thumbup:

• But anyway. Could someone explain to me exactly how the new e-net will work. I guess it still is total bogus and not realistic at all, right? So no more packets? How is energy send now?

At the moment it seems to add all energy producers together, so connecting 2 batboxes to the same line results it becoming 64 EU/t line. (before that would have been 2x32 EU/t line)

Also because of that transformers got nerfed big time, LV transformer now takes 128 EU /t in and outputs 32 EU/t for 4 ticks. (before it would have output all 4 packages in 1 tick).

Since it now works like this Best way to build your grid is to have biggest possible energy storage and use transformer upgrades in machines and run them straight from the main line. (since machines like induction furnace can't use upgrades it will need it's own transformer.)