Posts by mgwerner

Good points. I have not yet progressed far enough in GT 5 to have experienced these issues, and now I am not looking forward to it.....much.

At last Batteries or tools do not explode when put in a higher tier Batbuffer. Or should i change that? ;)

Prefer that they just burn out, perhaps with a darkened texture? IRL thinks do not generally explode when you place too much current in them, they simply burn out.

Perhaps an explosion if two tiers above it put to a machine? That and burnout at one tier makes sense to me.

I admit I am stumped.

I was running my EBF from 2 LV buffers, with 4 LV energy hatches, fed by one small steam turbine each. Worked fine, just very slow to fill the batteries for a run. I upgraded to a MV energy hatch, an MV buffer with 9 batteries, and an advanced steam turbine. Turbine fills with steam, but power is not going out to the buffer. I have tried placing them adjacent, using GT wire, checked and checked again the dots, no power transmission. If I straight-wire the turbine to the EBF I see power transfer, but only enough to fill the internal buffer, there is not enough to run the EBF.

Does someone have a picture of how this should be connected? Youtube is not reliable here, but I have not seen anything other than filled batteries being used, no direct hookup to steam. Any assistance appreciated.

If it doesn't work in the code blank, have you tried the "Paste URL" button? If you don't have a button with such a label, you're probably using the "IC2 Experimental Reactor Planner" that I wrote, rather than Talonius's old planner, and I haven't added support for the talonfire urls to mine yet, though I have recently sent Talonius a PM requesting permission for that.

That was it, I was using your program, not the one in the Standalone link. Thanks for the assist.

I like the look of yours better than the old one, so I hope you get the permissions. Cheers!

I've got http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk on my exception list, and it lets it run fine as long as I click allow on the pop-up Java window.

I've got http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk on my exception list, and it lets it run fine as long as I click allow on the pop-up Java window.

I did click both settings to allow and remember, closed and restarted the browser, and included the exception to the url in the security exceptions under options. No joy with any/all of these. Should not have reset the security options when I updated Java to release 40.....

I cannot get the links to open, Firefox/Java have blocked them as security risks. I have added the exception, and told the plugin to open and remember, but it still refuses to allow them to open. What am I doing wrong, anyone know?

Thanks for the reply. Issue noted in newly-generated world. Config lines read as follows:

# Enable generation of copper in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreCopper=false

# Enable generation of Lead in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreLead=false

# Enable generation of tin in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreTin=false

# Enable generation of uranium in the world
    B:enableWorldGenOreUranium=false

I have changed to False in the config the lines for copper and tin generation. However, I keep finding copper and tin from IC2 generating in my world. They are identified with WAILA, so I know they are from IC2 and not another mod. Forestry tin and copper are also disabled and have not been found in my world at this point.

Any ideas as to why the config changes have not stuck?

When using Galacticraft, IC2 and GregTech, the Compressed Metals used by Galacticraft turn back into ingots after being processed in Galacticraft machines. An old post talked about changing the Ore Dictionary so that the compressed metal and GregTech's compressed items were not associated. I do not know how to access the Ore Dictionary to do that, and hoped that there had been a fix for this issue, since it was posted elsewhere a while back, with no answer (that I could find).

Any help is appreciated.

Beware to not necropost, this thread last post is extremely old, from december 2012. (Make a new one if you are asking for help)

I'll create a new post, then.

However, when someone else does that there is usually a snide remark to "read the forum," hence my reply to an old post.

Check this >> tutorial << out on how to use the Ore Dict. Found by googling "Forge Ore Dictionary", 1st entry.

Unhelpful of you to be so snarky.

While this is the first or second entry in Google, it skips over the part of where to find the ore dictionary, how to open it, etc. I am looking for a similar issue to fix, and the long search led to your reply to the OP.

When using the Electric Wrench, in either lossless or lossy mode, LV arrays do not drop anything. The tiny icon pops off the mounted wire/surface, but then disappears. I've not tried the bronze wrench or any other, having no more arrays......