See Immibis Core with microblocks
1. Microblock versions of Re-enforced glass/stone, bronze block, tin block, uranium block, and anything else that would make a nice decrative block.
2. Microblock coverable version of various IC2 cables, except for the 3x insulated HV cable (its almost a solid block anyway)
3. Overrides existing cables and uses the same ID
Current mod status:
1. Decompiled Immibis Core to investigate data structures of covers.
2. Write up list of extends/inplements header changes for cable blocks.
3. Pondering how best to deal with Construction Foam, in and around cables. Should it co exist with microblock covers, behave as if a cover itself, or be disabled when a cover is in place.
Immibis is here on this forum, you could try PM'ing him to find out how he does his coding and ask for his advice.