Posts by walkerjonny

You don't need a explicitly written permission.
    You just have to follow the redistribution rules on the OP and to inform Player by posting here within a message in which mod pack you will use it together with some information about the mod pack itself like what is its direction, is it public, which launcher will it use.
    Read some announcements from some other folks out there and do it like they do. Then you should be fine to go.

One question about the GT cables: The cables are designed to transfer a maximum amount of Ampere at a maximum given Voltage. That is normally measured in VA (or W for Watt = Voltage * Ampere) in real life.
    In real life when I use less Voltage I can have a higher amount of Ampere passing through the same cable without any trouble as long as I keep in mind to watch out that I do not exceed the maximum amount of VA that the cable can transfer without getting damaged.
    Are GT cables designed the same way or have I always to watch out to not to exceed the given number of Ampere regardless of the Voltage I want to send through the cable, for example can a 1x wire or cable always hold only 1 Ampere per tick regardless of the amount of Voltage I want to send through?

Seems i forgot about the Electrolyzers. Hmm, maybe i should also move one recipe for hydrogen to MV for less machines. And finish the processing array.

Also finish the large turbine so plasma can be used there more efficient. Still so much to do...

Good idea!

I would also suggest to add some larger machines (especially Electrolyzers and Centrifuges) that could be MultiBlock to avoid possible lags because of the huge amount of machines that are required at the moment. Then you could think about directly pumping the gases/liquids through pipes from one machine to another instead of using so many cells to transport them.

Some descriptions from RawCode about the UUM stuff including the source code for it can be found here:
    Nether star as UUM product

I was missing a lot of the UUM recipes of the old UUM stuff. That way it might be possible to get some more basic stuff out of liquid UUM.
    In my opinion there should be much more recipes for it like more ores and other basic stuff like sugar cranes, wool, emerald, sapphire,...)

For the UUM recipes a config file with the name "UUMRADD.cfg" needs to be manually created and to be placed into the config folder.

The syntax for config file is:

ITEMORBLOCKID#UUM COST#EUCOST

GregoriusT:
    Just a little suggestion:

Might it be an option for you to add some more recipes to IC2 or Gregtech or at least add the possibility to add some additional recipes by ourselves?

Thank you for this info.
    Good to know to be prepared for those changes.

Maybe they might play around with something like the following then:

standard cable - max. throughput = 16 packets per tick
    medium cable - max. throughput = 24 packets per tick
    thick cable - max. throughput = 32 packets per tick

That would bee a cool feature...

Thank you very much for your explanation!
    It clears up a lot for me.
    About the "engines": I meant all kind of machines that use EU. I for example just tried to power some GregTech Industrial grinders at the moment...

And I apologize if I sounded a a bit rough before. That was not my intention.

You can hook them up in parallel to an MV transformer or hook them up in series to a 512 power source BUT you need to make sure they each have transformer upgrades in them so that they don't explode from the 512 line. The transformer upgrade will ensure that they can handle 512, but they will still only use 128 each.

Thank you very much! That is what I was looking for.

Another question about the transformers: How do they work now? Are they acting still like in the beginning of the experimental builds? As I understood it they just drop the most (about 3/4) of the energy when they are converting from a higher tier to a lower tier.
    And how is it vice versa: Do they only send out a higher tier packet every four times they receive a lower tier packet?

I want to power four machines that consume 128 EU/t each.
    With the older versions of IC2 that was no problem. I just connected them all parallel to a 128 EU/p output that delivered enough packets per tick.
    Now I'm not sure if it is possible anymore to connect all engines together to a proper EU/t output and if it is how to do it.
    Any hints are appreciated.
    Thank you in advance!

Dropping EU/p is a major drawback and in no way compares to real world power mangement anymore.
    It makes things just complicated and confusing and cripples the ability to power more engines at once a lot.
    Keep in mind: The most folks out there have at least some basic knowledgement about how real life power management works.
    They know that they have to make sure that they use the proper voltage to power their machines and that they have to look after the maximum throughput that a cable allows (ampere) when they want to power more engines with one cable line.
    And many also know that transformators allow to transfer energy at nearly 100% from high voltage with less throughput (ampere) to low voltage with high throughput and vice versa. They mostly also know that high or extreme voltage is used to transfer elctrical power over long ranges to prevent a major loss of energy because of the electrical resistance of the cables that (nearly) only affects the throughput.
    Dropping the EU/p just causes confusions with major drawbacks and questions left.
    How do i properly transform energy without major energy losses?
    How do I set up a proper power management to power more engines at once without risking to blow them up and also deliver the proper amount of energy those engines need?
    For example: If I want to power four engines that consumes 128 EU/t each do I need then to add maybe high voltage upgrades and to power them through a high voltage power line with 512 EU/t to make sure that every engine gets the proper amount of energy?
    Or is there the same effect like with the transformators now so that the HV Power upgrade just drops 3/4 of the energy and I can only power one engine properly in that case?
    And this is just one little example how confusing it gets now just to find proper setups for the stuff that I want to do...
    Bulding up a large power plant - how and why? It looks like I have to power the most engines separately to make sure that they get the proper amount of energy.
    Building up a fusion reactor that produces plasma - why if I loose the most energy of it while transforming the energy produced by the plasma generators down to the EU/t size I need at the moment?
    Do you see how confusing this gets and - yes - without proper solutions how annoying this becomes?

Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this even more then. :| Wait, so, what your stating is, I should register my items in PostInit right? Or am I getting this wrong?

EDIT: I think I fixed it? I registered my ingots and blocks (only silver) in the PreInit, and did the silver generation in the Init. Is this a better way of doing this than before?

Just one question:
    Are the IDs still hardcoded or are you using the config file now?

I have some weird entries in the startup log.
    Compare them with the settings in the TransformerConverters.cfg

And there is the TransformerConverters.cfg:

Any idea why the settings within the log are completely different from the config file?

I'm playing with the newest version "Transformer Converters [Early Beta 0.0.1D]-SRG.zip".

What I have is:
    wwwmwwwmwww
    w = water block
    m = LV mill

BTW, 0.6.2 has been uploaded.

Just to understand it right - do i have to place the water mill right in the center block within the 7x7x7 (LV) or 13x13x13 (MV) area to get the best output or in the center block right beyond those areas?
    At the moment i have paced them in the center block within the 7x7x7 area outputting at 3,39 EU/t.